Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time on a built motor with 8.5:1 compression, cams, and the whole bit. This was on the "street tune" at 8.5 PSI and 91 octane. As you can see by the enourmous writing that VRT put on the graph lol. :cool:

The "race tune will be somewhere between 14 & 15 lbs. with 110 octane.

Specs on the car can be found in this thread...

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...ST&f=57&t=13352

or this website...

http://www.SinCity350Z.com

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got word from VRT. The car dynoed around 475whp at 10 lbs! I am anxiously awaiting the dyno chart. They aren't going to do the 14 lb. run though. They want to get on the road to Vegas so I can have my car back, plus Jim was a little uncomfortable turning up the boost that high since the new motor parts only have a few hundred miles on them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the new dyno chart showing the originial pull at 8.5 lbs and the 10 lb. run! They decided not to do a 14 lb. run since the internals only have a few hundred miles on them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy S**T!!!! I just got a call from Scott at VRT and he gave me the numbers on the race gas tune. I am so excited I can't even wait until I get the chart to post the numbers lol. It was a 13.5 lb. tune and peak boost was 14.1 lbs, with 110 octane. Are you ready... 532.6whp and 626.3wtq!!!! I can't wait to see the dyno chart.

Obviously I wont be staying at this tune. Last time I drove my car it had 246whp and a full interior lol. They are tuning it back down to 8.5 lbs so I can get used to that and burn 91 octane. Then eventually I will go to 10 lbs. I doubt I will ever get up to the 13.5 lb tune that gave these numbers, but its nice to see what it can do.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Holy S**T!!!! I just got a call from Scott at VRT and he gave me the numbers on the race gas tune. I am so excited I can't even wait until I get the chart to post the numbers lol. It was a 13.5 lb. tune and peak boost was 14.1 lbs, with 110 octane. Are you ready... 532.6whp and 626.3wtq!!!! I can't wait to see the dyno chart.

Obviously I wont be staying at this tune. Last time I drove my car it had 246whp and a full interior lol. They are tuning it back down to 8.5 lbs so I can get used to that and burn 91 octane. Then eventually I will go to 10 lbs. I doubt I will ever get up to the 13.5 lb tune that gave these numbers, but its nice to see what it can do.
These torque #'s are :jawdrop:

JWT needs to get these kits to those of us who could care less about carb certification. I'm tired of hearing "a couple more months". :cry:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These torque #'s are :jawdrop:

JWT needs to get these kits to those of us who could care less about carb certification. I'm tired of hearing "a couple more months". :cry:
He only has one more CARB test to pass so hopeuflly it will be soon.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
He only has one more CARB test to pass so hopeuflly it will be soon.
I know, I spent some time with them on the phone last week. Just me being impatient, it seems they've had one more CARB test to pass for a year now. Congrats on the #'s. :clap:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the latest dyno sheet! Enjoy...

I am not keeping it at this level of course, this is just to see what it can do.

Keep in mind this dyno chart uses icriments of 200 rpms so on a different dyno chart, the torque band would smooth out quite a bit. 440wtq and above from 2850rpms to redline!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts