Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike the most of you I am generally happy with the stock radio, but I am looking for little more bass...I don't have the bose and am looking for effective and not costly way to add a little more bass. I notice that they door speakers seam to be doing a good job, but the rear speakers behind the head rest don't seem to be adding too much of anything? I was thinking maybe an aftermarket sub placed where the stock bose would go, but not sure of cost and if that means I would need a new head unit and how all of this may affect my warranty. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have an infinity basslink which is a 10"powered sub. Sounds great. You can get one for around $200 or so. You can add it to your stock system, but I would highly suggest changing out your HU. It makes a world of difference in sound. Heres a pic of the basslink in my car.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
the basslink is the most efficient way to go.. sounds good too.. you can also hide it in the stock sub location very easily as well fo that stealth look.

if you want to spend a little more money you can get a 10" and amplifier. but you will need either a box, or some way to seal the stock loacation.. (im working on a solution for this)

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Speaking of which, Josh, how's that coming? I may be interested. Which would mean there might be a 10" JL for sale in the not too distant future</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
We have a stock sub? I did not know that. I wouldn't mind a little more bass in my Z. I thought we only had 6 speakers, from tweeters to the speakers behind the seats. Those can't be subs - they're weak!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by toykilla@Sep 14 2004, 09:02 AM
only the z's with bose have a sub.. and it sucks

As they say in Texas, "You ain't kiddin'."

It's weak, and I rarely see the rear window vibrate. My Z32 had an aftermarket setup that rocked! I miss the bass in that car.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 14 2004, 10:20 AM
As they say in Texas, "You ain't kiddin'."

It's weak, and I rarely see the rear window vibrate.  My Z32 had an aftermarket setup that rocked!  I miss the bass in that car.

Was your earlier post just a joke about how bad it is?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
No, I really didn't know we had a stock sub. Now that I do know, I think replacing it with something other than Blose would be my next interior upgrade.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Sep 14 2004, 11:22 AM
Haha.  That's pretty funny.  Maybe that's what you should use your birthday money on

That's a good idea! I'll call them and see if they sell audio equipment. Speaking of which, today I find out if they can use my credit there to paint and install my front lip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts