Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was the Monaco GP in Monte Carlo and it was awesome (always my favorite race). Did anyone have a chance to see it? Takuma Sato's engine blew around a long corner and a smoke trail blinded the drivers behind him. One car filpped over (I think it was Alonso in the Renault). And finally Michael Schumacher didn't win! He braked in the tunnel for some reason during the pace car lap and collided with Montoya sending himself into the wall. Any thoughts about the race?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I wish I had seen it. Unfortunately even with my 100$ a month cable bill, I STILL don't get the speed channel.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Yeah, that was a cool race. I like to watch that one because of the scenery behind the scenes. I'm glad MS didn't win. Unfortunately, I didn't see the whole race so I missed the good stuff.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
>>I watched so much racing on Sunday... first the F1 race, then the 6hr. Rolex Race at Mont Tremblant... too much beer this weekend...

I watched some of the Rolex race, but I missed a lot of it. Can't wait for the next few weeks. Three F1 races up to June 20th (European GP, Canadian GP, and US GP). I'm still waiting for Montoya to get that first win of the season!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just saw highlights of the race. From what I understand, Schumacher and Montoya had come out of the pits and were behind the safety car. Both were weaving, accelerating, braking, etc. to get their tires warmer.

It appeared that when MS braked hard, Montoya tried to go around him to the right (passing is illegal, isn't it, when the safety car is out?) and clipped the Ferrari, sending it into the guardrail.

What's up with that? Did Montoya claim that he was too close to MS to brake when MS hit his brakes? Would that be an excuse in NASCAR if you drilled someone under caution?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They showed the clip that Schumacher locked up his left front brake (and I think a Jaguar driver had said the tunnel road was very slippery at low speeds and could've caused him to slide [no downforce to keep you stuck to the road]). Maybe Montoya couldn't stop in time (but I think he could've) and had to go around to avoid contact. I think the FIA passed it on as an accident and won't penalize anyone.

Edit: Plus, Schumacher and Montoya aren't the best of friends ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And Schumacher wins the Euro GP! Yay, what a boring race! I think it was funny how both McLarens had their engines blow, but I was pissed when both Williams hit each other in the first turn. Two weeks until the Canadian GP and three weeks til the US GP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts