Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I will be home in leave here in 2 weeks and I have all the parts that are currently listed in my sig (plus a Borla TD), to install. I am going to do them all in one day. My question is, will my ECU be confused by all the things going on the car? I know I have to reset the ECU, but will it be too big of a change? Also what do you guys reccommend for the install of the exhaust (i.e. wrench sizes, lock tite or antiseeze on the bolts, and any other tips)? Thanks in advance fellas. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well to be honest i paid $60 to have my borla TD installed and to me it was worth it. it saved me a lot of time and hassel. i would say do the test pipes, intake, and grounding wires yourself. i did install my own test pipes and intake!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yeah, if you don't have access to a lift, I'd pay someone to work on anything that goes under your car. I wouldnt even do oil myself if I didnt have a lift. Luckily I have lift access so no 18 year old mechanic gets to use the "I have to drive it into the bay" excuse to drive my baby.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
jinxxy, if we don't have that how to here, you should steal it from ZChickz and add it here

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the ECU won't flip out on me if I install these all at once?

EDIT: Oh yeah and how the **** do you guys fit a floor jack under the car??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Originally posted by CodeRed30@Jul 8 2005, 06:04 AM
So the ECU won't flip out on me if I install these all at once?

EDIT: Oh yeah and how the **** do you guys fit a floor jack under the car??
[snapback]128410[/snapback]​

I would get yourself some floor ramps. This will get the front of your car up off the floor. Unless you have it lowered, this may cause problems getting on the ramps or with your back end dragging. Once on the ramps you can jack up the back and put it on jack stands. Depending on how big you are you can probably get around under the car at this point. You may need a set of jack stands in the front too.

This is how I installed my headers and my vortech kit. Not the best memories I have, But it works.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jul 7 2005, 10:54 AM
You won't change your oil without a lift??
[snapback]128236[/snapback]​

Never tried it on a Z.. looks pretty tough to do! I suppose if I didnt have a lift to use, I'd get creative, but as far as now, nope!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
As long as you get the car up on ramps, changing the oil isn't so bad. I mean, there isn't exactly a lot of room to move around, but it's definitely doable

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
just an FYI..

if you bolt too many things on, and don't do anything with the ECU.. you WILL run dangerously lean.

With full bolt ons, before I got the ECU flashed it was 15.4:1 lean. That's bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts