Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is crazy...what I'd do for that car (well, actually either of them) :) If ya watch some more clips from that user, the GTR also races a 'busa as well as some other stuff. Crazy stuff guys.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfom7eM32Fg" target="_blank"><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfom7eM32Fg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rfom7eM32Fg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
</a>

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
^No, I agree with you. I'm 23. It's still impressive though, I love how the ZR-1 jumps up in the front when he punches it!

It looks like that camera man made a pretty big difference. The GTR was able to pull on him without the camera man.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
There, I fixed the vid.

From what I can tell, they might be speaking Russian. If that's the case and they're anywhere in Eastern Europe, it wouldn't surprise me if they're just wannabe ballers showing off their toys. I agree that it's stupid to do that on the streets, but I guess it's no big deal there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Black Z Eddie @ Nov 1 2009, 06:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=585918
I meant it more as these types of videos are kinda getting boring. I guess Top Gear and the now expired Fifth Gear got me kinda spoiled. When it comes high-end cars, I wanna see those cars on their natural playgrounds.
I agree man. It doesn't really take much talent, other than being able to shift properly at proper times, to go in a straight line. But, this is the easiest way to show how much power a car has, which does not equate the totality of the car. I'm sure either car would be unbelievable around a track, and that would be a good race. Top Gear does the best of showing car A vs car B because most variables are reduced to nothing--the Stig drives all cars around the same course. This is a good approximation of a car's ability. However, most folk with a camera doesn't have access to a good track and this is the next best thing as far as demonstrating the cars ability. Its not safe, in this case, but it is somewhat entertaining. Watching track vids, usually, doesn't give a person a feel of how fast a car really is, how it handles, or anything else (other than F1). I can't empathize with a driver getting the G reading from a GTR, Vette, or anything else, no matter how fast he's going, how loud the tires are, or anything else. The vid doesn't do it justice. But, watching something race in a straight line, at the end of the day, is gratifying for if no other reason, to see which car (of two very fast cars) is faster in a straight liine.

Brent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts