Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a heavily modded N/A 350Z Track, so I can tell you from personal experience that you can't catch me on a racetrack in my Muellerized EVO RS.

HKS 264/264 cams, Greddy intercooler, Walbro fuel pump and larger fuel injectors, Greddy titanium exhaust, Rally cat, 3" downpipe, AEM intake, manual boost controller, wide band sensor and air/fuel gauge, exhuast temperature gauge, head studs, Apex air fuel controller, JIC coil overs and rear swaybar, and Schroth 4-point harness. All tuned by Road Race Engineering in Santa Fe Springs, Calif.

Come and get me if you can (you can't). :shiftdrive:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John Mueller of Road Race Engineering has been tuning EVOs for 10 years (long before Mitsu brought them over to the USA). He's a wizard. His race EVOs have started to have decals that say "Muellerized . . ." on them.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Gone up against any tricked out Elises yet?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know if they were tricked, but Elise is incredibly fast. Before I had all my engine mods, I ran with 2 Elise at Buttonwillow at the NASA event last month. One was a US model. The other one was a lighter European model with the US Toyota engine. Those things just fly through the corners. The drivers were more experienced than me. I just got out of their way. I am definitely faster in a straight line, but in the corners, the Elise is incredible.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Dec 24 2004, 06:42 PM
Don't know if they were tricked, but Elise is incredibly fast.  Before I had all my engine mods, I ran with 2 Elise at Buttonwillow at the NASA event last month. One was a US model.  The other one was a lighter European model with the US Toyota engine.  Those things just fly through the corners.  The drivers were more experienced than me. I just got out of their way.  I am definitely faster in a straight line, but in the corners, the Elise is incredible.

I heard it takes a lot to get those things to do anything but understeer, not impossible, but hard to do. Have you guys seen the top gear on them? Check it here: Click --> until you find Elise

Understeer is scary to me, im more of a natural born drift guy haha

·
Registered
45 Posts
EVO is a bit fast but the style in on par with a Hyundai Accent and so is the WRX...If I really wanna go fast I rather settle in a C6. But I'm happy with my ZR's high styling, reliability & quality which surpasses any 911 or C6-C7 period. Also the potential of tuning it into a world class ass kicker.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Last but not the least, the new Elise reminds me of the current MRS which is very sissy and lady like regardless of whatever the speed it possess. You better pray you don't get into any accident in it becuz even a Echo will crush it like a pancake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by Richard 350z@Dec 24 2004, 11:05 AM
I have owned a heavily modded N/A 350Z Track, so I can tell you from personal experience that you can't catch me on a racetrack in my Muellerized EVO RS.

Hey Richard, glad you're having fun with your new wheels! Be safe.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718+Dec 24 2004, 09:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Richard 350z
@Dec 24 2004, 06:42 PM
Don't know if they were tricked, but Elise is incredibly fast.  Before I had all my engine mods, I ran with 2 Elise at Buttonwillow at the NASA event last month. One was a US model.  The other one was a lighter European model with the US Toyota engine.  Those things just fly through the corners.  The drivers were more experienced than me. I just got out of their way.  I am definitely faster in a straight line, but in the corners, the Elise is incredible.

I heard it takes a lot to get those things to do anything but understeer, not impossible, but hard to do. Have you guys seen the top gear on them? Check it here: Click --> until you find Elise

Understeer is scary to me, im more of a natural born drift guy haha

All it takes is a tire swap to get the car nuetral. And, on stock tires they can pull over 1g on a skidpad. The US spec one is the one with the Toyota engine (*cough* made by Yamaha), and they're not slow in a straight line, either. (0-60s in the mid/low 4s I think... )

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the new Motor Trend mag March 2005 they compare the three Evos. Here are some of the results. A stock RS does 0 - 60 mph in 4.3 seconds. My modded RS does 4 seconds flat for sure. Sorry the columns don't quite line up.
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
| Evo | VIII | MR | RS |
| 0-30 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.3 |
| 0-40 | 2.3 | 2.6 | 2.2 |
| 0-50 | 3.5 | 3.5 | 3.3 |
| 0-60 | 4.7 | 4.7 | 4.3 |
| 0-70 | 6.5 | 6.4 | 6.0 |
| 0-80 | 8.3 | 8.0 | 7.7 |
| 0-90 | 11.0 | 10.5 | 10.0 |
| 0-100 | 13.5 | 13.1 | 12.6 |
| 1/4 mile | [email protected] | [email protected] | [email protected] |
| Brake,100-0 | 322 | 316 | 341 |
| brake,60-0 | 111 | 111 | 112 |
| 600ft slalom | 70.9mph | 70.1mph | 69.3mph |
| 200ft skid pad | .94 | .95 | .95 |
| roadcourse lap sec. | 92.07 | 91.80 | 92.15 |

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Rich,

I just don't like the way the EVOs look. Don't care if they FLY over the track...I couldn't park one in my driveway.

I DO, however, respect their performance #'s....

Which leads me to reason #2 I didn't buy an Evo....I've owned Mitsubishis before.

I'll gladly move to the right & let you pass.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts