Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question, but ..............

My rear RE040's are shot, originals, at 23,000 miles.
The front RE040's are still in great shape, replaced
at 16,000 by Nissan at no charge. I want to eventually
change to all 4 Michelin Pilot's but not right now if I
don't need them in the front. Anyway, can I put new
Pilot's in the rear and keep the Potenza's in the front
till they wear out? Is this a bad idea? How would this
effect the overall handling, ride and total performance
of my Z. Keep in mind that I don't track the car (at all) or push
it to it's limits very often. Oh yeah, I average about 4,000 mile
a year driving.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well I had to replace my rears for my last track event, so I have Toyo Proxes T1-s in the front and BF goodrich g-force KDW's in the rear. Even on the track I didn't have any problems whatsoever running different tires in the rear. I think you will be fine :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I had to replace my rears for my last track event, so I have Toyo Proxes T1-s in the front and BF goodrich g-force KDW's in the rear. Even on the track I didn't have any problems whatsoever running different tires in the rear. I think you will be fine :cheers:
Thanks for the advice! BTW, how does your 5AT stack up on the track? What kind of competition is it up against? I have a 5AT as well and always wanted to someday try my hand at the track. I'm assuming you me road course ?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Thanks for the advice! BTW, how does your 5AT stack up on the track? What kind of competition is it up against? I have a 5AT as well and always wanted to someday try my hand at the track. I'm assuming you me road course ?

She (Terry or Lucy) did just fine with the 5AT. She was eating up Elise and EVO all day long. They couldn't stop her. :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts