Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got the whole thing on a .pdf - is there a specific section you would like scanned or is this a general inquiry?

Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the manual for my car. However, when answering technical questions on this forum, I often refer people to the Service page on the Wiki so they can download the appropriate manual to help them solve their problem. Those manuals have either been removed or moved in the last several days. I just want to know where they've gone and who's screwing with the Wiki.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Those wiki pages have been gone for a long while now. I tried and tried to get some answers from the admin, even Josh, the previous owner, offered to help them recover the files from old backups etc, but I guess the new owners or new people 'running' the site don't really give a crap about the wiki and the hours and hours and effort we as a community worked so hard to build in the beginning. I gave up.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jinxxycat,

You're right about the Wiki being screwed up. Whoever took over from Josh has done a very poor job of site maintenance. If you hit the Wiki link on the opening page, you go to this URL:
350Z-TECH - Nissan 350Z & 370Z Wiki
and get some self-serving paragraph full of crap.

The link on that page to the Service Guide is incorrect. The current link is:
http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php?title=Service:Index
which is a page that doesn't exist, but if you remove the :Index at the end you get the correct page:
Category:Service - Nissan 350Z & 370Z Wiki.

The Service Manuals were available for download on that page up until late February. I know, because I checked the link when I recommended someone download the manual to help troubleshoot their problem.

The same bad link problem applies to other Wiki pages, such as Tutorials. :Index has been added to the end of the URL, resulting in a link to a page that doesn't exist. So how about it, Site Admin? Do your job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts