Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! :)

I'm posting this in both the Great Lakes and Mid Atl. Forums to cover everyone who may be interested.

I would like to organize a Mini Z meet on Aug. the 26th at BeaveRun. We will be also doing an open lapping day on that date. For those that would like to get the Z on the track for the first time, here's your chance. :) Or if you have never been to BeaveRun, I would like to take this time to invite you.

We can do a show / BS area and also provide refreshments for our mini meet. :)

Let me know of the projected interest. I would love to turn this into a monthly/ bi month event. Also, I'm working on putting together a National Z meet for the spring of '06.

Thanks!

http://www.beaverun.com

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Well, not free for the track event, I am guessing anyone can come out to spectate, so if anyone wants to come to meet, it's all good!!! Chris can chime in on that one. Don't know about spectators fees or anything. Here are the specifics for the open lapping event:

Flat Out [day of week]...  We may celebrate "Flat Out" any day of the week!
Driver Eligibility

Any licensed driver who is over the age of 18 years. Under 18 will require parental consent form to be signed at registration.

Vehicle Eligibility

Any car is eligible provided it meets safety criteria.  Motorcycles are not eligible for this event; riders should seek to get a group together for a "bikes only" version of a Flat Out day.
Certain trucks and SUV’s are allowed to participate. You must call for approval.
Roll bars are required for all convertibles.
Functional factory bars and pop-up styles are acceptable.
Targa style roofs are also acceptable.
The car must pass a cursory technical inspection. See our Technical Inspection Guidelines.  http://beaverun.com/pdf/Flat-Out-Friday%20Tech%20Sheet.pdf
Cars will not be admitted to the track without a properly completed and signed Vehicle Technical Inspection Form.  This form should be printed out and completed in advance of the Flat Out Day and then presented to the Event Official stationed in the False Grid.  The form can be obtained at the track or by clicking the following link: Vehicle Technical Inspection Form http://beaverun.com/pdf/vehicle%20technica...tion%20form.pdf

General Policies

A cursory technical inspection will take place in the morning.
Qualified Snell helmets (1995 or newer) are required (some rental helmets are available).
If you have a modified car, be sure to comply with the technical inspection sheet completely.
Gates will open at 8 am.
All participants MUST attend the driver’s meeting, which begins promptly at 9am. You should allow enough time to register, remove all loose items from your car and present it for technical inspection.
You will NOT be allowed to participate if you miss the drivers meeting.
Cost
Cost is $165 per driver if paid is received by 9:00AM two days before the event or  $180 otherwise. Two drivers may register the same car and run in separate sessions.

Pre-Registration
This event is limited to 65 participants. Pre-registration is not required but is recommended. If you fail to pre-register, and we do not have enough instructors available to conduct the Flat Out day safely, you will not be able to participate.

Refund Policy

If you are unable to attend, you must call the office before the event begins and you may reschedule one time, after which you forfeit your fee. Please call the office to reschedule. 

Registration Forms

Click here to get the Registration Form for a Flat Out day.
http://beaverun.com/pdf/FlatOut_LappingDay_Registration.pdf

Be sure to print out a copy of our Technical Inspection Guidelines.

If you are a Pre-Approved BeaveRun Instructor, please contact the track in advance of an event to indicate that you plan to participate as an instructor.

FAX completed forms to 724-535-0100 (or drop into mail if there is sufficient time).

Who To Contact About Flat Out Days

Please contact the BeaveRun Office at 724-535-1000

FAX completed forms to 724-535-0100 (or drop into mail if there is sufficient time).

Who To Contact About Flat Out Days

Please contact the BeaveRun Office at 724-535-1000

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spectating and Registering for the Mini Z meet will be free.

Open lapping / Flat Out Friday is paid participation. I will be there instructing and also giving rides, etc..

There will be a chance for people to do some parade laps at lunch time and possibly after the event.

I'm open to ideas. Let me know what you guys want and I will make it happen.

Auto X? Show and Shine? Prizes??

Just let me know!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by illz33@Aug 13 2005, 03:54 PM
Spectating and Registering for the Mini Z meet will be free.

Open lapping / Flat Out Friday is paid participation.  I will be there instructing and also giving rides, etc..

There will be a chance for people to do some parade laps at lunch time and possibly after the event.

I'm open to ideas.  Let me know what you guys want and I will make it happen.

Auto X?  Show and Shine?  Prizes??

Just let me know!
[snapback]145281[/snapback]​

We could do Auto X AND open lapping? How much are we talking for the Auto X? That would be a scream!!!! I know I won't be showing lucy w/ her dinged up nose that's for sure :hide2: LOL

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 13 2005, 05:15 PM

We could do Auto X AND open lapping?  How much are we talking for the Auto X?  That would be a scream!!!!  I know I won't be showing lucy w/ her dinged up nose that's for sure :hide2: LOL
[snapback]145309[/snapback]​

I'm thinking, yes. ;) If we have enough people interested. I just have to be certain that nothing else is scheduled on the VDA (auto x area) for that date.

$20 for auto x is the normal price.

·
Registered
310 Posts
FYI...The Grand Am Cup Race at Mid-Ohio is the 27th and 28th. If you are just over the border in PA on the 26th, you might as well join Bill, myself, and many others for the GrandAm race that weekend.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I got someone on another board that thinks he can come out........he's driving from NJ :OMG: LOL ...............bump for Anderskorn..........also got an email from someone local from this board that says he is interested...........

Did you see I got my registration in already? Do you think I should get my shop guys to "inspect" Lucy for the tech inspec? I am worried only about the brake pads really (does the brake fluid HAVE to be less than a year old? And can I wear leather tennis shoes or are leather boots/rubber soles better? :ahhh: Now the butterflies begin :biggrin:

Chris, my thoughts are that we need to get things rolling a little earlier next time, maybe couple of months ahead of time, we could get a bunch of ppl from OH/PA/NY/NY/WVA if we planned it out right.........:dunno: But for this short of notice we will get a FEW ppl.......

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 18 2005, 11:34 AM
I got someone on another board that thinks he can come out........he's driving from NJ :OMG:  LOL  ...............bump for Anderskorn..........also got an email from someone local from this board that says he is interested...........

Did you see I got my registration in already?  Do you think I should get my shop guys to "inspect" Lucy for the tech inspec?  I am worried only about the brake pads really (does the brake fluid HAVE to be less than a year old?  And can I wear leather tennis shoes or are leather boots/rubber soles better?  :ahhh:  Now the butterflies begin :biggrin:

Chris, my thoughts are that we need to get things rolling a little earlier next time, maybe couple of months ahead of time, we could get a bunch of ppl from OH/PA/NY/NY/WVA if we planned it out right.........:dunno:  But for this short of notice we will get a FEW ppl.......
[snapback]146838[/snapback]​

Cool jinxxy! :) Good to see you are on the ball!

Not a bad idea to have your shop inspect Lucy. Have them check over the brake pads and if you are changing fluid, go with some motul rbf600 or equiv.

Wear what is most comfortable to you. :) Butterflies are fine, they are letting you know it's about **** time!!

I understand that this is short notice. I was only able to work with what I was given. :(

I plan on doing this as many times as people want. And a National meet sometime in the spring/summer of '06.

Let me know if I can do anything for you. Thanks for helping me get people together for this!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
:thumbsup: No prob, can't wait, I am harassing Hazade into coming too.......he just bought a borla TD from someone in New Ken........said it would be perfect for him to PU on Thurs and come out on Fri........we will see what happens....someone replied on my350z as well, has a Roadster...........might come, all these "mights" BETTER show up :biggrin: :rolf2: Thanks for the advice! :clap:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds Great!

There is an event on the VDA (auto x area) in the morning until noon.

Afterwards, I have instructed staff to leave up the auto x , so that we can play on it also. I hope that we can get at least 6 of us out there. I will be bringing I believe 1 Z31 if it's finished in time.

Even if you are the only one to come out, I promise that you will have an excellent time.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 18 2005, 03:44 PM
No doubt about that man!  :shiftdrive:  I told my hubby he had to be the camera man for the day! :wink:
[snapback]146960[/snapback]​

LOL nice! :)

My signifacant other will also be taking pictures that day. :)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Whoo HOO just ordered my new Hawk rears from pepboys (since they are a warehouse item) going to get fronts, they are in stock, today after work. Have an appt at my shop to have pads swapped and fluid changed since it's 2 1/2 years old. I should be good to go! :clap: Wheeeeeeeeee :shiftdrive:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts