Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Z in March and have been tracking my miles ever since. The Z had 9,548 miles when I signed the papers and got the keys. Since then, I've put an average of 208 miles per week on it.

I plan on putting it 'away' for the winter, which gives me some kind of discount or something with insurance. What's good is that the miles will stay low.

How about the rest of ya'?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 'born on date' is 11/02, and the car was originally purchased in Feb 03, so that makes mine 1.5 years old with only 14k miles. Not bad...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ordered 1/2/03 and arrived March 25, 2003 with 13 miles and now has 5,590 miles. I'm keeping it for the rest of my life.

I'm also looking for a JDM 1970 Datsun Fairlady Z. You can import any car over 25 years old easily.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Let's see I bought mine in May of '03 with 8 miles on it and currently have 21,200 miles.
It's not even 1.5yrs old!
Oh well why buy it if you're not going to drive it. The good thing is I'll be getting a beater soon so I won't be driving the Z as much.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Bogart@Aug 26 2004, 01:30 PM
Let's see I bought mine in May of '03 with 8 miles on it and currently have 21,200 miles. 
  It's not even 1.5yrs old! 
  Oh well why buy it if you're not going to drive it.  The good thing is I'll be getting a beater soon so I won't be driving the Z as much.

Good luck switching back and forth. I did that for a while, and the beater had to 'MOVE OUT.' I couldn't take it anymore, so I wanted the better ride all the time.

I only drive about 12 miles to work. I don't take many road trips, but I do like to go to meets and get groceries in it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
i just bought mine a few mouths ago.. i put on about 1,000 miles on it..i bought it with i think around 4,000 miles on it.. got a great deal, it came from an action. just a question out of the blue.. how much do u guys pay for insurance?? and any idea how this machine is in the winter??

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My insurance is not that bad - about $1500 max (not sure).

As for the winter, if you really must drive it, drive slow and carefully. Are you talking snow, ice, or just cold weather?

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Don't try to drive in snow or ice on the OEM tires, you will just *spin spin spin spin spin spin* your back wheels and not go anywhere. I had to drive her last winter, here in Pittsburgh, and it wasn't pretty....only got stuck once but after that I just told my boss to deal with the fact that I would get to the office when I got there, and left my house only AFTER they had been by and plowed my street. I now have Blizzak LM22's on my stocker rims for winter time, Volks will get a breather over the winter, and a few good coats of wax too!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Bought mine Aug. 7th 2003 with 7 miles on her and am currently 11,900 happy miles

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Z916@Aug 26 2004, 10:27 PM
I got mine about 2 weeks ago.  8/14/04 with 16 miles.  Now it has about 550.

:goodtimes: Still got the grin on your face?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts