Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably turbo charging my car in about 2 weeks and was curious if any z owners have used methanol injection yet. if so did you make the kit or buy it? what controller are you using with it? any info would be appreciated. I am planning on using it either way. just looking for some background info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Originally posted by leakyZ@Jun 13 2005, 09:22 PM
I am probably turbo charging my car in about 2 weeks and was curious if any z owners have used methanol injection yet.  if so did you make the kit or buy it?  what controller are you using with it?  any info would be appreciated.  I am planning on using it either way.  just looking for some background info.
[snapback]113756[/snapback]​


I made one for my turbo volvo for about $20. It's controlled with a boost activated pressure switch which turns the system on at 10psi. I use a cold start fuel injector and two windshield washer pumps "daisy chained" together. Don't flame....it works great and I've tested it on and off the car. I can run 17psi with no detonation with a 9.8:1 compression ratio.

sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. someone said i should use a fuel pump instead of a washer pump. what do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Originally posted by leakyZ@Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM
thanks for the reply.  someone said i should use a fuel pump instead of a washer pump.  what do you think?
[snapback]114170[/snapback]​


i have an smc enterprises methanol kit sitting in my room waiting for nozzles to go on my 240. smc has one of the most complete, best quality, and easiest kits to install

the problem with windsheild washer pumps is they cannot make much pressure to atomize the spray enough. pumps normally used in meth kits are 100+psi capable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats what i thought too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
Z1 Motorsports is doing this on their APS TT project car. If you are registered on my350z you can PM [email protected] for more info or just go to 300zx.com and send them an email on there. So far so good from what I hear with his setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jun 23 2005, 12:56 AM
Z1 Motorsports is doing this on their APS TT project car. If you are registered on my350z you can PM [email protected] for more info or just go to 300zx.com and send them an email on there. So far so good from what I hear with his setup.
[snapback]119652[/snapback]​



I just picked up an injection kit for my Z yesterday form www.coolingmist.com their website need a bit of work but the kit is great, comes with a clog detector and Intake Temp gauge as well. I will be installing this weekend and can post some pics if anyone is interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
def. i wanna see some pics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Originally posted by Structure+Jun 22 2005, 03:35 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-leakyZ
@Jun 14 2005, 05:48 PM
thanks for the reply.  someone said i should use a fuel pump instead of a washer pump.  what do you think?
[snapback]114170[/snapback]​


i have an smc enterprises methanol kit sitting in my room waiting for nozzles to go on my 240. smc has one of the most complete, best quality, and easiest kits to install

the problem with windsheild washer pumps is they cannot make much pressure to atomize the spray enough. pumps normally used in meth kits are 100+psi capable
[snapback]119462[/snapback]​


Very true. My dual pump set-up pushes about 90-100psi as measured with an inline gauge. Maybe the Volvo pumps are stronger than most. They do have to pump the water to the back of their wagons for the rear wiper nozzle. I also bench tested the set up and it produced a fine mist of H20...at least fine enough for the amount of money I put into the system. You can also use a "Sure Flo" RV water pump. These pumps are overkill, work great and don't cost too much.

sean
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top