Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about Memphis audio??? This includes subs, amps, and component speakers. Would you put it in your Z?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have never been a fan of Memphis, but thats just my opinion. I often judge a book by its cover and I am not impressed with the way their stuff "looks".

I have "heard" they are good quality, but do not have first hand experience with them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have always had memphis subs in my automobile and they were great. However I neve like their amps so I stuck with directed amps. But overall I thought the memphis speakers were high quality and they offer a really good warranty on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MEMPHIS has been around for 40 years, they make pretty dam solid products. they recently changed there name to MEMPHIS before that they where known as fultron. so a car audio company to stick around for that long is pretty good record.

·
Registered
798 Posts
you dont like the boise that comes with the z? I think they are awesome.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i heard the speakers on those are horrible, pretty bad for a 30K car.
[/quot

I would consider them average. That's one reason I bought a base model though. I can modify to my taste.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't care too much for Memphis subs. They are good subs, I just prefer JL subs. I have a Memphis 1000D amp. Their noise ratio is lower than most amps out there. And their Class D stuff is TRUE Class D. The 1000D is 1 ohm stable. I was pushing (2) 12" JL Audio W6v2 dual VC 4 ohm...thats a 1 ohm load....1100 watts @ 1 ohm RMS and still less noise than the MTX I had before @ 2 ohms...MTX 1100D I think. Very good quality amps...very small houseing...but that's what a Class D amp is.....very efficient. One of the best amps I've ever owned. RIght up there with PPI in my opinion. I've owned everything from MTX, Fosgate, and PPI to JL, Pheonix Gold, and Autotek (old school autotek).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts