Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stuff is amazing, I bought a 2003 Z with very very hazy headlights, got this stuff and they are almost brand new. Basically for $7, you can save $400 for new lights.

To do this you will need:

PlastX by Meguires
1 Foam buffing pad
- I bought a small buffing kit at AutoZone, it fits any drill, it was $6
Medium speed drill or buffing wheel (I used a drill)
Two clean terry cloths
Rubbing alcohol
Wide masking tape

1. Wash the headlights
2. Mask off the area around the headlights
3. Clean the headlights thoroughly with rubbing alcohol
4. Wipe with clean terry cloth
5. Use an applicator pad to polish the headlights with PlastX, just keep rubbing the compound in a little at a time
-I did this by using the applicator to do the base coat then used the buffing wheel and the drill to apply more PlastX and buff the headlights until satisfied with the result. Just keep adding a little more PlastX at a time until it looks good.
6. Wipe off with a clean terry cloth
7. Repeat 1-6 for the second headlight

-Make sure that you don't wait till the PlastX hazes, this is not a wax more like a polish that you need to rub in.

I will add a pic of the headlights soon, sorry didnt get any before pics, but the after turned out awesome.

·
Registered
371 Posts
wait a couple of weeks or so they will start to go back i did the same thing with my Z i agree it worked amazing but it was back to the haze just after a few weeks or so :angry:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I agree, this stuff is good for a light haze. A combination of wet sanding and/or rubbing compound is best for heavy hazing.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice. I keep forgetting to buy that. I might have to add it to my wish list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am gonna give this a go. Apparently people prefer sanding and then doing a polish/wax for a lasting finish. But I really don't want to risk it with a sand paper as I am not very experienced with all that stuff.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If you get a kit (like the 3M kit), it is VERY straight forward and the results are very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts