Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys'

I just did on my dad's car with Meguiars Quik Detailers and Zaino Clay. It work so Easy just spray quik detailers and claybar it, and wipe off with clean cloths. All come out smoothness.

But the car is not polished with Zaino, but with NXT.

My Z is with Zaino and thinking of Claybaring again. Just wondering if anyone know that the Mequiars quik detailer combination with Zaino clay, will stripped the Zaino layers?

Just lazy to do it on car wash depot

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by db350z@Oct 29 2004, 08:14 AM
Hi guys'

I just did on my dad's car with Meguiars Quik Detailers and Zaino Clay. It work so Easy just spray quik detailers and claybar it, and wipe off with clean cloths. All come out smoothness.

But the car is not polished with Zaino, but with NXT.

My Z is with Zaino and thinking of Claybaring again. Just wondering if anyone know that the Mequiars quik detailer combination with Zaino clay, will stripped the Zaino layers?

Just lazy to do it on car wash depot

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

I think pretty much all clay bars are the same regardless of which BRAND and you can use any lubrication you want which is pretty much quick detail spray. Or you can use some water and car wash mixture as lubrication. Clay it self will not remove layers or wax just the grime that's on your paint. But I wouldn't clay without washing the car thoroughly first.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply. No i meant like the Zaino it asked you to wash again after claybarring. So i'm not sure if i want to do that again. the Meguiar doesn't require you to wash your car again. So just spray, clay it, and wipe it dry.

So i thought it's an easy job rather than washing again and wipe dry...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Originally posted by db350z@Oct 31 2004, 10:22 PM
thanks for the reply. No i meant like the Zaino it asked you to wash again after claybarring. So i'm not sure if i want to do that again. the Meguiar doesn't require you to wash your car again. So just spray, clay it, and wipe it dry.

So i thought it's an easy job rather than washing again and wipe dry...

Well, there's really no need for you to wash it over again unless the Zaino clay has OTHER ingredients in their clay bar that they need you to wash off.

I do the same process as you when I'm using clay.

Wash
Dry
Spray QD on a panel, clay then wipe off and move on to the next panel.

It's kind of asking you to wash your car over again after you have used quick detailer on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts