Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've heard good and I've heard bad about this company.

They make what SEEMS to be decent products(as long as you have V2 test pipes, not V1), and they're cheap.

I was considering them for exhaust/test pipes/y pipe, but I've heard so many things good and bad, and then I see how cheap the stuff is and the whole "You get what you pay for" comes to mind.

Anyone have personal experiences/recommendations good or bad about them? Sound clips?

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
it's rather long and I have to leave for work.. so no time to write.. read this thread over on scionlife.. i'm TCUL8TR... http://scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66093 Had a really bad experience with a product of theirs and they offered no solutions.. pretty much just swept me under the rub and threw me out

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else? Exhaust problems? Successes? I know i've seen a lot of good and bad out there...

·
Registered
615 Posts
I bought Megan Racing Headers For my 350Z I use to have

I loved them The welds and quality was good... I had a chance to inspect the headers before I bought them though

I have a set forsale 200 they were only used for one summer and then I took them off of my car due to parting it out traded the 350 for the 370 lol

DAN

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (One_Quick_Z @ Jul 28 2009, 06:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=581068
I bought Megan Racing Headers For my 350Z I use to have

I loved them The welds and quality was good... I had a chance to inspect the headers before I bought them though

I have a set forsale 200 they were only used for one summer and then I took them off of my car due to parting it out traded the 350 for the 370 lol

DAN
Well that's good... got a good word back about them.

I would love to buy them, but I'm trying to work from the back inwards... well at least test pipes and Y pipe first... just need to figure out if I want a resonated or non-resonated :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I went with non resonated TP with my old exhaust system and I will again because I love the sound they give.... There is a little bit of rasp 3200-4400 rmps under WOT But I wanted to have the most flow avalible so I went with APS 2.5" test pipes

DAN

·
Registered
135 Posts
my 03 350z has megan headers on it (put on by previous owner)
ive had no problems with them, as one quick z said the welds and overall quality is great
they definately flow well but i have no idea how well compared to say the crawford headers (considered the best)
the rest of the system isnt from megan so i cant comment on the rest of their products

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (snobes @ Jul 29 2009, 02:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=581122
my 03 350z has megan headers on it (put on by previous owner)
ive had no problems with them, as one quick z said the welds and overall quality is great
they definately flow well but i have no idea how well compared to say the crawford headers (considered the best)
the rest of the system isnt from megan so i cant comment on the rest of their products
Yeah, that's what I am thinking/seeing. The headers are good, but still waiting to see about the rest of the stuff... mainly the TPs or Y Pipe. At least there are positive words about one part of the system.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
QUOTE (jgruberman @ Jul 29 2009, 04:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=581125
The headers are good, but still waiting to see about the rest of the stuff... mainly the TPs or Y Pipe.
I bought a used Injen system from a guy and he threw some Megan TP's into the deal for free. I wasn't interested in TP's so I just resold them. I don't know how they perform but the welds and general build quality appeared to be spot on. I don't know if that helps but that's all I got on Megan.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've read more negative comments about Megan products than positive ones. I agree with that you should probably steer clear of that product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts