Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Megan makes some low priced stuff. I have no experience with them, but wonder about the quality for the price point they are targeting.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Holy huge tips lol It looks nice, and a nice price, but why not look for a dual exhaust instead of OEM style? :dunno:
+1

Those tips are GIANORMOUS + it is the same style as OEM just larger piping. You get what you pay for, you know. I would go for the Borla as it close to that price range, or did you not want dual?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
truthfully my car is a lease so I want a easy on easy off system that will look good and sound good at the same time. it is made of all stainless steel, and I love the burnt tips :) This is the main reason I wanted the Z, I am not planning on modding this car that much (unlike every other car i have had), I like it because it has pretty much everything I want stock. Styling, handling, power, sounds great and i love driving it. That is why I am looking at this exhaust. I dont want to spend an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
My Son knows a Megan Racing dealer.....I just sent him an e-mail...

I understand they do a lot with DSM cars...

WE'll see if he has seen any Megan parts installed....I know he was gonna buy a downpipe for his 1st gen Eclipse from them...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this particular exhaust system. I like the way it looks and the price is right, but I am skeptical about purchasing without hearing it first. Thanks

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have there headers and y pipe on my Z so you would be the first my friend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI: The Borla Exhaust and Megan Racing Exhaust are close in price, but the main difference is the piping.

I prefer the 3-inch piping because the 2.5 inch piping is too close to stock and the quicker the air is released, the better.

Also, true duel exhaust systems are better, but will cost more. For the difference in price, I'd buy the Megan exhaust, if not, the borla exhaust, and put the rest of my $$$ into headers.

=)

"my 3 cents"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts