1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
played this morning on the way to work.

Me: Stillen stage 3
Him: WS6 plus exhaust and ???

4th gear runs we were neck and neck, he rolled down his window and asked if I had a supercharger, so I said yes, since you can hear it anyway.
slowed down and did a 3rd gear and I walked away, but it was still friendly. Got a big thumbs up from him

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Awesome! Those are the best runs. Now I really want FI... :cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea one day when i was leavin the ractrack me and this Trans Am did a couple 40 rolls and i just walked him to no end or until i hit traffic, he didnt seem too happy but he was still cool about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good run... can't wait to FI my Z

·
Registered
11 Posts
****... I had a hooked up civic before with a b16 swap and a fully built block, and I still got spanked by a WS6. Pissed me the **** off. So I moved up in the chain now, and finally got my Z. So as time passes by and the mods continue to add up, I'll be looking forward to my next WS6 encounter.
... to be continued...
:irock:

·
Registered
5 Posts
****... I had a hooked up civic before with a b16 swap and a fully built block, and I still got spanked by a WS6. Pissed me the **** off. So I moved up in the chain now, and finally got my Z. So as time passes by and the mods continue to add up, I'll be looking forward to my next WS6 encounter.
... to be continued...
:irock:

BETTER GET SOME PRETTY GOOD MODS, JUST AS I THOUGHT MY CAR WAS FAST, I WAS HUMBLED BY A WS6. FROM A DEAD STOP, I BEAT HIM OFF THE LINE, BUT I DIDN'T HAVE THE POWER TO KEEP IN FRONT. HE CAUGHT ME AT ABOUT 90. I ONLY HAVE A POP CHARGER AND ELECTRICAL GROUNDING SYSTEM. THOSE CARS ARE PRETTY QUICK.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
BETTER GET SOME PRETTY GOOD MODS, JUST AS I THOUGHT MY CAR WAS FAST, I WAS HUMBLED BY A WS6. FROM A DEAD STOP, I BEAT HIM OFF THE LINE, BUT I DIDN'T HAVE THE POWER TO KEEP IN FRONT. HE CAUGHT ME AT ABOUT 90. I ONLY HAVE A POP CHARGER AND ELECTRICAL GROUNDING SYSTEM. THOSE CARS ARE PRETTY QUICK.

haha.. he had a supercharger on his Z though. You just have a pop charger and grounding system for now.. I wouldn't expect you to do much more. :)

PLEASE REMEMBER, CAPS IS SHOUTING. MOST USERS ARE HIGHLY ANNOYED BY THIS! :)

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I'd take the risk on reliability if I had the $$ for FI :biggrin:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just cruising through old threads, so sue me. Anyways, to beat the LS1 cars reliably (assuming they are stock) you will need to be trapping AT LEAST 105 to hang and 108+ to actually pull away from some of them by any noticeably amount (my friend trapped 107 in his stock 98 TA M6). They are beasts for sure and my project goal was to kill them with my 5.0. Its an uphill battle, let me tell you. THen the get a cam and a tune and run mid/low 12's :(

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I don't know much about the Firehawk, but I'm assuming it's on par with the LS1 or whatever. I was cruising the hills and countryside last weekend with a group of enthusiasts, one of which was the Firehawk. I can tell you that I could easily keep up with him when he got on it, and sometimes I could lose him on the curves and hills. I was surprised, because I know he was modded. How much I don't know.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That Firehawk, from my buddy who knows him, has headers and some bolt ons. The car also has aftermarket exhaust, as in it stopped short of the rear axle. The owner claims 370 whp. Not bad!

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
****... I had a hooked up civic before with a b16 swap and a fully built block, and I still got spanked by a WS6.
You just needed more parts :D. My buddy and I built up his Integra. Spanked a newer WS6 with a built 370 motor in it.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Or the weight of an Integra. :irock:

:cheers:

His Civic weighs less than the Integra. :headshake:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts