Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if any of you ran into these yet, but i did last night on the turnpike. Here are the specs on the car:
  • 250-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged boxer engine
  • 250 lb-ft of torque at 3,600 rpm
  • Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive
Well, i was just crusing along the turnpike about 11:00pm last night and i happened to pass a service plaza. As i passed the plaza i see this car enter the highway and didnt think much of it. Next thing i know, the car is right beside me, and i thought to myself, "i guess he wants some". I start to toy with him and then it was on, i drop the beast into 4th and then i was gone. i beat him by a car length or so. At first i didnt know what kind of car it was, and i thought it was a toyota camry. We run a few more times and of course the Z prevails. As he did his fly by, i got on his ass to see what kind of car it was and to my surprise it was the subaru 2.5 GT limited sedan. all in all it was fun and i was anxious to get home to see the specs on this car.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:clap: Good for you! Wish I could experience something like that now...

I saw a white STi yesterday that looked pretty badass. Too bad the summer isn't here yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I[/list]Well, i was just crusing along the turnpike about 11:00pm last night and i happened to pass a service plaza. As i passed the plaza i see this car enter the highway and didnt think much of it. Next thing i know, the car is right beside me, and i thought to myself, "i guess he wants some". I start to toy with him and then it was on, i drop the beast into 4th and then i was gone. i beat him by a car length or so. At first i didnt know what kind of car it was, and i thought it was a toyota camry. We run a few more times and of course the Z prevails. As he did his fly by, i got on his ass to see what kind of car it was and to my surprise it was the subaru 2.5 GT limited sedan. all in all it was fun and i was anxious to get home to see the specs on this car.
Good kill, Man. Gotta love that fourth gear. Haven't seen the Subaru GT yet. You said it looks like a camry? I'd have to see it. But good kill. I'll have to race vicariously through you guys for awhile. Just found out my insuarnce is $2,500 per year for my Z. It's scared me safe...for now. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it was dark out and it was a sedan and i thought it looked like a camry, but thats just me :biggrin:

dam 2,500/year thats steep!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
well it was dark out and it was a sedan and i thought it looked like a camry, but thats just me :biggrin:

dam 2,500/year thats steep!!
Hey JTS, checked it out. It does kinda look like a camry. It doesn't have the squared off front-end that most subaru's have. Not sure I like it too much.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, i was behind it, thinking no way that this camry is that fast :biggrin:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I wouldn't think that I'd have much of a problem taking care of business against this car.

Unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just found out my insuarnce is $2,500 per year for my Z. It's scared me safe...for now. :cheers:
Woah !

Twenty-five hundred hogs for a year's worth of insurance? :banghead:

You hauling exposives?
Charter member of the wreck-a-week club?
Buying insurance from Big Louie's Protection Service ?
Legally blind?
All of the above?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
There's a forrester wagon with that engine in it, too....

The STi, I think just has the 2.0T...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
There's a forrester wagon with that engine in it, too....

The STi, I think just has the 2.0T...
Sti is 2.5, 300hp, the Impreza WRX is the 2.0, both turbo obviously. The Imprezas are slow. I raced one about 10 times the other night and wooped it in every position. From a stop, a slow roll, fast roll, started giving it head starts, starting in 3rd instead of 2nd @ 40mph....I couldn't find a way to let it win dude. The STi's are pretty quick. I actually was going to buy one instead of my Z....what was I thinking? Hehe, anyways, I raced one of those from a stop and a roll several times the other day. Don't try to take one from a stop. From a roll they can't pull and inch on you....if you make it to 4th the Z walks away with an "upset". I'm surprised it took you untill 4th to drop that "2.5 GT".....I love em, but Subi's blow over 60....

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I'll have to race vicariously through you guys for awhile. Just found out my insuarnce is $2,500 per year for my Z. It's scared me safe...for now. :cheers:
Dude you're doing something wrong... I'm an 18 year old male driving a Z and mine is under $1300....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts