Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last night i was out and this guy in the new pontiac GTO came hauling ass next to me, so i said WTF might as well go for it. he got a jump on me, not that it made a difference, and beat me. overall i was impressed at how it was pulling away like it did!! This just makes me want to go and get the vortech put on my car immediately.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it was ugly but beat the **** out of me!! i wanted to order the vortech so bad asfter i got killed

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Actually Jason he shouldnt have gotten you too bad. I think they are high 13 sec cars. My friend ran one in his Z and they were very close although the GTO did pull him by about a half car.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think i he beat me really bad b/c he came up and then took off, so i was tryintg to catch him and he was pulling away. o and by the way i look down and My AC was, so can i blame the loss to that

daking i am probably going to go with the vortech or a TT kit

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Don't worry Jaysen, the GTO would flip and roll on a road course while the Z just keeps on going. Just remember that the road is full of twisties made for cars like ours and not the GTO's.

I rode in one last week as a passenger, and I was impressed with it's pulling power. But, as far as curves go, I thought I was going to touch the ground with my elbow...
The underbody of the car is all steel. Heavy as ****, by about 400 lbs to the Z.

They do post some impressive #'s to the ground, though.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i dont think you can blame the ac, i believe our cars automatically cut the ac under full throttle..

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by toykilla@Aug 23 2004, 09:23 AM
i dont think you can blame the ac, i believe our cars automatically cut the ac under full throttle..

i was j/k!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am sooo looking fwd to the LS1 Nova I'm building...Imagine that GTO motor in a car weighs about 800 lbs less...without the 'smog' gear!

I put a 'Fatman' kit under the front (coilovers =, brakes from 82-92 camaro)...but it still ain't gonna handle near as sweet as the Z33.

But watch me on the str8aways!

& yes, the GTO does look like a glorified camry.
So, I'll be glad to have the looks & LS1!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't pick on the next gen. GTO, they will be powered by the 400 hp Ls2 from the 2005 C6 vette.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pontiac should have done something better with the design. The original GTO had a nice shape. The new one looks like a Grand AM.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Not to knock the new GTO, I love what's under the hood, but it looks like a Cavalier on steroids

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The front looks too much like a grand am, and the rear looks too civic. Nice original design...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i met the guy who owns the only GTO that has a lingenfelter kit on it and it was in the road & track magazine. this car was so dam sweet it was pushing 535hp!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Lingenfelter is the shizz when it comes to SBC....

the only thing cooler is the Gale Banks TT setup...pushes 8-1100 HP, depending on how built your bottom end is...

Remember folks, Pontiac's the marque that brought you the Aztek...so we know they made at least one uglier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For some strange reason all recent American muscle cars (excluding the corvette) are ugly. Though I do like the latest retro styling.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.