Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the MD copper iso thermal spacer on Saturday and everything seemed normal (no problems while driving, idle sounded normal). Went to get gas and started the car up but this time my car reved up to around 1500 rpms then went back down to 500 at idle. Which is weird because when i start my car it usually hits 2000+ rpms and idles at 1k. Drove it back home and no problems on the way. I checked the hoses and reset the ECU, just thought my car was adjusting to the mods.

Today I noticed that if my engine is cool and I start up my car, it will start up normal. If my engine is hot and I start it up the car will start up at a low rpm.

I'm not sure what could be wrong. I do remember however, that when connecting a hose to the new copper nipple I couldn't get it all the way in. The guy i was working with who has worked on a ton of cars told me that's the farthest he could get it up and it'd be fine so I just took his word. The hose thats connected to the copper nipple was rubbing on something else so that's probably what stopped it from going up any further.

Anyway I'm going to look over everything again, I'd appreciate any advice from you guys. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:postpics:

Did you get a chance to figure it out yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no. I'm not sure what to take pics of, but as soon as I get home I guess I can take some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts