Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver window is not responding. I checked the window lock and got the passenger window to work. What's up? Could it be something simple like a fuse? Or some Jedi moves I can do to fix my window. I still have the warranty, but it blows going to the dealer. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Get silent bob to do his jedi mind trick on it. :rolf2: Just kidding. It could be the motor I have heard these go out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get silent bob to do his jedi mind trick on it. :rolf2: Just kidding. It could be the motor I have heard these go out.
I'll bet that it's not covered under the warranty and that it's cheaper than I think. :doh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
**** Hue! that sux
dont worry it should be covered. the dealer will fix it.
so how have u been?
how is the plenum working with you?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hey I see your from chicago. I love chicago, we ususally go a couple times a year to party. I use to date a girl from lakeforest.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chicago rocks!!!
ugly girls though LOL
Listen to the guy coming from Miami. Maimi probably has the hottest girls, but in Chicago they are good looking and have careers. Dude with 8 million or so people there are plenty of hot chicks for everyone on this site. Besides my minor window problem I have to purchase some Blizzaks about $1100, when all said and done. Ouch!
I'm going to Dyno Days on Sat., 2 pulls for $40. I will post my results. Come on Plenum treat me right!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Miami is the hot spot for them chicks!!!!
that THONG THO THO THO THONG!!!!
**** yeah
yeah post up these dynos when u get them. and save a chicago girl. lol

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Miami is the hot spot for them chicks!!!!
that THONG THO THO THO THONG!!!!
**** yeah
yeah post up these dynos when u get them. and save a chicago girl. lol
I like big butts!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My window works now. What do you think can be causing the short to my window?

·
Registered
31 Posts
ahh my passenger side just went out, and i still cant get the window to roll up!!! not only that but the power lock buttons seem to stop working all together. HELP ME!!!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Over time the motor seems to get out of sink, you can reset the motor and see if that keeps it from happening, because I didn't and it started just every now and then but now sometimes it just wont move for a while or move very slowly, I reset it and it has helped but still happens sometimes and I think maybe the motor is shot now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i washed the car yesterday when all this started happening, and then today the window/power lock worked again after it completely dried up. do u guys think that maybe alot of water got into a certain part of the car and shorted the electricals? because i would hate to drive in the rain and then find out my window(s) stopped working. Is this something common or should i just take it to the dealership? =\

·
Registered
798 Posts
THAT SUCKS. I HOPE U ARE ABLE TO FIX IT

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I took mine to the dealer. It seems the 03's had a bad batch of window motors. Mine also went out after I washed it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i washed the car yesterday when all this started happening, and then today the window/power lock worked again after it completely dried up. do u guys think that maybe alot of water got into a certain part of the car and shorted the electricals? because i would hate to drive in the rain and then find out my window(s) stopped working. Is this something common or should i just take it to the dealership? =\

If the car is still under warranty get it to the dealer now!!!

It will cost you $550 + to replace the window motor if youy have to pay for it out of warranty!!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've been driving the Z in colder weather lately, and I have seen that these temperatures seem to "slow" the window response down, meaning it takes a second longer for the window to seal than in normal temps. On one occasion, the window would not come up. I just chalked it up to colder weather. I have an 05 Z, but I have heard that the 03 Z has some issues with that. I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
bummer...so far I have been lucky with my 03, but have heard the same as smooothz!

·
Registered
123 Posts
My 03's driver side window usually doesnt work. If I force it down I have to beat on the door a bunch to get the window bakc up. I am taking it to the dealer this week to get it fixed though. Glad to hear Im not the only one having this problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i had this problem i took it to the dealer and it was the window regulator.
All covered under warranty.
In the meantime i would HOLD the switch in the up position while simultaneously closing the door.
That is how i coped with it until i took it to the dealer.

So there is you have it may the force be with you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts