Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I may be getting rid of the Z…. errr at least for a year or so. In a few weeks I am starting grad school, which combined with working 50+ hours a week and doing martial arts at night is going to pretty much take up all the time I have. I bought the z mainly because it was a sweet car that I could play with and mod, but im just not going to have the time to do that for another year (maybe longer). Right now I am using it just to get back and forth to work and school, and that just doesn’t seem like the best thing to do.. I can ditch the Z and save about 700$ a month. That turns out to be a lot of money after a year, most of which will go towards other toys and such..

I am not leaving the site, and plan on working on it more than I have been over the past few months.. This is really just a thought I am having and wanted to get it down on paper (or digital media?)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Oh, no. OH, NO! Would that $700 include insurance? I think that's about how much I pay a month for my Z. It hurts because I have to eat rice and water all the time, but I love the car.

At least if you do it, you're being practical and looking ahead to the long term goals. My wife and I were talking about private schooling for the 2 older boys, and even if I got rid of the Z it wouldn't help. Realistically, my salary would have to double for us to afford that BS.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Good luck with your decision Josh...you will have quite a schedule there...congrats on the site...hard work here has not been in vain I hope.

I'll try to post up something useful when my engine rebuild gets under way...thanks for your help in the past.

Peace...Kenny

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good luck with that, you may not be able to keep up with Martial Arts. I gave up Mountain biking when I went back to grad school. Good news is it doesnt last too long. Keep at it and youll be out in 2 years,

It gets tough, I have been tempted to give up. Dont give up keep at it. Its worth every night of studying, meeting for projects, homework, all that crap. I am 1/3 done, and it feels like i have been at it for years, but I can already see the end in site. After Spring I will be half done. Also, Grad school, there is less competition, and professors want you to get As, they dont want to fail you, like they do in undergrad, so that is a nice change of pace I think.

Although, I find I still have time ro enjoy the Z. Sure, it has taken me two months to work on the subwoofer box, and I am still not done, but I dont think you have to mod the Z nor have it on jack stands all day to enjoy it. Drive it around town stock, IMO. Its fun as ****, and all the other grad students in beat up ol Hondas wonder how the heck you do it!

Plus, personally, its one of those things that for me, when I go home at the end of a long ass day of work and grad school, I get in my Z, and Shift to second, and that puts into perspective everything that I am workign for....

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
The thought has crossed my mind too for financial reasons... but I can't do it.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:cry:

It's crossed mine too, but I could never get rid of my baby. Sorry to hear that you're in that situation. Just remember, there will always be a 400z somewhere down the road. Hopefully then it'll be TT :)

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know its sad, but a choice many will face at one time or another.. i havnt come to a decision yet and may not for a month or so...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Mine was almost taken away from me by forces uncontrollable, but now that I have it back I can't bear the thought of being without it again.

What else could you spend that kind of money on and receive so much pleasure from?

:eek: :cry: :jawdrop: :cry: :eek:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well that is just the point.. im not getting much pleasure from it since i dont really get to drive it like i want and dont have time to mod it any more.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Best of luck with your decision, Josh. I know it's got to be a hard one to make. Hopefully, things will be different after a year or so and you'll once again be a proud Z owner.

Chuck - don't you leave now dammit!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
...Seems like a lot of us have 'stretched' in order to acquire a 'Z'...

My thought is this: will it be more expensive to keep or buy again?...

I'd say see if those things you have misgivings about actually materialize...might turn out you need a nice ride to get away from school on weekends or somesuch.

Will be a sad loss of another 'test mule' if you sell.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The things we do for the Z...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well im not really stretching to keep it... ive had 2 z's so far, each for about 1 year. i just feel like spending money elsewhere right now, and this is just the obvious solution to me...Whoever gets my car is one lucky mofo...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
**** Josh sorry to hear that. You have been one of the leaders in the Z community and have much respect from so many people. Regardless if you keep it or not we we all continue to look at you in this manner.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sucks to hear that you might sell your Z. Hopefully things will work out for you in the long run and you can get another one(maybe even a brick) Anyway, best of luck to you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a tough decision. You're a very bright and clever guy, maybe in the coming month you'll find a way to go back to school AND keep the car!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Don't worry Scott, I'm not going anywhere. Like I said above, it might be better for me financially to drop the car, but I can't do it... I don't think I'll be letting these keys go until the IRS and/or repo guy comes to my house and pries them from my hands, but I'm sure it'll never come to that.

Oh and by the way, **** Rage! Your new Sig is 1000% times better than the last one. You need to post that in the ZBabes forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts