Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: I just got a max speed cold air intake. it came with out instructions I am a pretty descent mechanic and I cant figure this nightmare out for the life of me. HELP! has anyone installed one of these?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
im sorry it could actually be an AEM knockoff.. sorry i havent seen a tutorial for that one, but it should be similar except the filter will be in front of the drivers side front tire in the wheel well.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
found this tidbit of information

By Installing the Max Speed CAI , you will notice better throtle response, more power up to 10 HP Gain along the RPM band if engine is properly tuned. In addition it looks awesome in the Engine Bay and the Sound is awesome , your engine will breathe better.

No Installation Instructions are included, but its fairly easy to figure out an installation of CAI. Your professional Mechanic can install a CAI in less then 30 Minutes

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/350zcai.html

:doh: alot of help they are, plus love their typos and the description for the box the CAI comes in :lmfao: nice marketing there

pic of the kit unassembled. seems the part that goes closest to the throttle body is the one with the black tube on it. i figure the next thing would be the MAF, then the long tube through the front air intake hole with the small end curved down, then the short tube with the filter. not sure where that sheld woudl go though

Attachments

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Yeah looks like an AEM knockoff to me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts