Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off..I read all threads re: controversy over whether or not these make a difference . I installed them yesterday and felt a NOTICABLE difference immediately after installation. Now was this a HP difference ..probably not but , the car revved alot easier and smoother..which gave impression of it being faster/quicker ...I think this is where people believe it to add hp. The Z also has a harder power band in the higher rpm range..meaning smoother and more pull as a result. I know I will perhaps get bashed on this one but this was my observation. I love this mod. I recommend it . And one last note that has been discussed too. EVERY CAR IS DIFFERENT AND RESPOND TO MODS DIFFERENTLY...even different cars w/ same mods react differently..IMO

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Did someone say 'smooth?' :wink: :lmfao:

You're absolutely correct on how mods affect each car differently. I have the 5-wire kit, and I think it did take out the stereo whine and hiss, plus it got rid of the rough idle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whatever...I am not crazy...read the first part of this topic and sorry it didn't work w/ your set up .

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
funnily enough i just made my own earthing kit using the instructions on the maxground site

i didnt notice anything but i did it more to ground all the +ve charge from my audio install

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Okay, some FYI on metallurgy, since the heads, which the plugs are screwed into are aluminum (which isn't the best conductor), the addition of the copper grounding wires help to decrease resistance by adding more ground potential across the heads. This results in a better spark.

I also noticed the idle smoothing out and improvement in the throttle response with my kit (5 wire).

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Aug 16 2005, 06:43 PM
It's funny how the mind can play tricks
[snapback]146283[/snapback]​

+1

The only thing a grounding kit is good for is......well.....hmmm......NOTHING.

They do nothing and get in the way when you need to work on your car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since the heads, which the plugs are screwed into are aluminum (which isn't the best conductor), the addition of the copper grounding wires help to decrease resistance by adding more ground potential

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The idle needs adjustment, "idle learn" is what it reads on my warranty work print out from Nissan. The max grounding kit is what i used. It seemed to have the beefiest gauge and shielding. I like PaulO's theory on this! It wont cure idle issues like that. If your Z seems to run hard in the high rpm range ...take it to nissan and have them adjust.."idle learn"..it also should be compromising your performance. This issue w/ the idle is also affecting the fuel air mixture thus the loss of power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts