Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone around the marietta area that can help me take out both headlights on my 03 z?

need to clean the inside b/c they are fogging up and have buildup inside.

let me know if anyone can help me out.

my yahoo messenger is: menefa

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by ricks350z@Aug 2 2005, 11:13 AM
anyone around the marietta area that can help me take out both headlights on my 03 z?

[snapback]140391[/snapback]​

Not quite sure where Marietta is, but we have several forum members that are in GA and AL!!!

:bump: for ya...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You shouldn't have any buildup inside the headlights unless they have a leak in them. In that case, they should be covered by your dealer.

What does it look like? I've gotten a filmy substance on mine that has come off a little using claybar, but I think I'm going to have to wetsand it sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Originally posted by ricks350z@Aug 2 2005, 11:13 AM

[snapback]140391[/snapback]​

Opening those puppies up is not for the faint hearted. Bake them in on oven at a certian temp for a certain lenght of time. Then you have the task of resealing them so no more nasty stuff gets in there.

If no one else chimes in here I'll give you a link to someone in ATL who may be able to provide assistance.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 2 2005, 01:08 PM
You shouldn't have any buildup inside the headlights unless they have a leak in them. In that case, they should be covered by your dealer.

What does it look like? I've gotten a filmy substance on mine that has come off a little using claybar, but I think I'm going to have to wetsand it sooner or later.
[snapback]140453[/snapback]​

I used 3-M Swirl remover on the outside of mine and they cleaned up like new. Did it by hand when I was using a buffer on the body, did not want to be too aggressive on plastic. Don't have the fogging issue so can't help you on the removal - sounds like a PITA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by PerfZ+Aug 2 2005, 12:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-StudyBuddy
@Aug 2 2005, 01:08 PM

[snapback]140453[/snapback]​

I used 3-M Swirl remover on the outside of mine and they cleaned up like new. Did it by hand when I was using a buffer on the body, did not want to be too aggressive on plastic. Don't have the fogging issue so can't help you on the removal - sounds like a PITA.
[snapback]140570[/snapback]​

I tried claybar as well and still no go...at night, you can see the foggy buildup inside.

My dealership will not cover it since it is out of warranty (61,000 K)...i was told that i can have a member swap the headlights and have that person take it to dealer and they in turn can get a new one replace.

I think thats the best possible solution...anyone wanna help me swap headlights out there?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Buff@Aug 3 2005, 07:04 AM
First off  :welcome:  to the our home away from home :werd:

I'm a little far for trying to that bait & switch for ya, but I'm sure there are a few members that maybe able to pull that off for you.

I've been to Marietta, nice town :cheers:
[snapback]140882[/snapback]​

Thank you,

I like this forum alot better and this forum is very informative.

Yes, I hope someone can help me do the bait and switch for me asap over the weekend. ..it shouldnt be that difficult to take the bumper out and then the headights.

And you are correct, Marietta is a nice town...it's kinda like a central town to get everywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts