Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
QUOTE (Jetpilot718 @ Mar 27 2008, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=510971
Yeah, good luck getting one for $70K. The stealerships only get 7 a year right now, and they're all marked up an additional $30K. Money has to be no object to anyone driving one around right now.

Personally, I'll be driving one around 2-3 years FROM now. I'll buy one at an auction, preferably damaged and most likely get the car, plus bodywork and be out for around $45K. And from the looks of it already, this car is a lot like the Z.. affordable to a slightly higher deomgraphic of **** drivers, and plentiful at post-wreck auctions.

Any doubters? See ya in 2-3 years :)
Steve, if you are referring to the GT-R, both McDuck (Andy) and a guy from ZROC bought them list price from Pinehurst Nissan. No dealer "premium" whatsoever, both are "in contract" and Don may have his at ZDayZ. But I still don't think they are worth $70,000, although I like the look and the concept. And I am not so sure that you will see a plethora of wrecked ones - the demographic, I believe, is more than "slightly" higher. :cheers:
On the original photo, I guess Richard might say "Understeer is when the front of the car hits the wall". :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
282 Posts
The best thing about these pictures- the car isn't even totalled on paper. At least it shouldn't be. I saw a Lexus IS350 in about the same condition waiting to get repaired w/o turning into a salvage. I wonder how the resale value works on these things.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts