Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

lsd in a base?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  mdzowner 
#1 ·
i was wondering how much hassle and feasability there is to adding a lsd into my base?
thanks
mdzowner

#4 ·
Limited Slip Differential. It basically gives you more traction by sending power more evenly to both wheels. Somewhere between positraction (both wheels pull equally, but bad for your car's rear end) and open differential (one wheel spins while the other just sits there and looks at you funny.) I can go more in depth if you want.

#5 ·
Ah, now I understand. Thanks, bro. I have to deal with so many acronyms at work, it's hard to keep up online. Ready for the rains on the East Coast?

#8 ·
I asked my dealer (Brown's Fairfax Nissan) when I first got my Z and the I think they wanted like $1200 for the part and $300-$500 (estimated) for labor. I was like, riiiiiight. Eventually I'll just do it myself. I found the Nismo one for $850 online, though i forget where. I think someone told me it's like a 3 hour job, assuming you have the right tools. Not too bad in my book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.