Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how much hassle and feasability there is to adding a lsd into my base?
thanks
mdzowner

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
It is definitely doable. Quite a few people have installed the Nismo LSD. I don't know if anyone has done it as a DIY job (I don't know that you'd want to), but you can definitely get a dealer/shop to install one

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Alright...what is LSD? Besides the obvious answer.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Limited Slip Differential. It basically gives you more traction by sending power more evenly to both wheels. Somewhere between positraction (both wheels pull equally, but bad for your car's rear end) and open differential (one wheel spins while the other just sits there and looks at you funny.) I can go more in depth if you want.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Ah, now I understand. Thanks, bro. I have to deal with so many acronyms at work, it's hard to keep up online. Ready for the rains on the East Coast?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I asked my dealer (Brown's Fairfax Nissan) when I first got my Z and the I think they wanted like $1200 for the part and $300-$500 (estimated) for labor. I was like, riiiiiight. Eventually I'll just do it myself. I found the Nismo one for $850 online, though i forget where. I think someone told me it's like a 3 hour job, assuming you have the right tools. Not too bad in my book.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a base and just picked up my nismo LSD.
Haven't intalled it yet.

I talked to a Nissan Engineer (personal friend) and he said he would not recommend a dealership install. He recommended taking it to someone that has done them before.

I found a shop that said 3-4 hours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts