Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question, but would it be ok to use just lowering springs if I'm only lowering like an inch? Or would I still bottom out and stuff. Most cars I would go ahead and get coilovers, but the Z sits low alread, so i was thinking that the stock shocks would be able to handle a slightly lower height, around an inch. I don't really want to stiffen the ride at all since I'm not a racer, but with 19" rims (that I will have one day) it I think it need to be a little lower to keep a nice stocky ride height.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I was offered a set of Eibachs, and the guy didn't say anything about the effects. Plus, I've been reading up on it and it doesn't sound like a bad thing to get them to lower the car an inch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I heard that if you lower the car more than 0.7in it messes with the camber and it will make your tires wear like 20% faster. Not sure if thats true of not, but supposidly thats why the nismo kit only lowers the car 0.7in.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Cryptonomicon18@Jun 28 2004, 08:51 PM
I heard that if you lower the car more than 0.7in it messes with the camber and it will make your tires wear like 20% faster. Not sure if thats true of not, but supposidly thats why the nismo kit only lowers the car 0.7in.

That's good to know. I hate a wacked out camber on a street car. Its one thing if its a race car, but not your daily driver.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hotchkis makes a good spring set that lowers the car less than an inch plus they are a lot cheaper than any other brand. Any time you lower a vehicle it is reccomended to get an alignment asap. In most cases they can bring the camber and tow close to spec to save excess ware on tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts