Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced lower back pain after sitting in the 350z cloth seats. I actually somehow herniated a disc in my back from those seats, but never thought much of it. Recently though, I heard someone else was having the exact same problem with their Z in the Washington D.C. area. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem here.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's really strange. I have never heard of that problem. I find that the leather seats get uncomfortably warm (or my lower back does), but for the most part I like the seats. I wonder if it may be a pre-existing problem that got promoted by the stiff suspension or hitting a pothole...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Good suggestion there Josh.... I have had no back pain (oh except the pain in the NECK called the husband when I am driving!
) Are you married? J/K I suggest you look into the lumbar support....are you sure the injury came from the seats or maybe it was injured and the seats just aggravated a previous injury like Josh???

·
Registered
130 Posts
With in the first week of getting my Z, I had a stiff back for a couple of days. I think it was my body getting use to the seats. I am probably not the norm, I went from driving a ford explorer to the Z and I am also 6'5". If it has only been a couple of days it could be your body getting use to your new driving position.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">First post and he's already being a smartass.
You're gonna fit right in

</span>

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i had problems before i got the Z, i only notice it after a long road trip but not with daily use

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also experiencing lower back issues from my cloth seats. I've had the same problems (herniated disks) from long commutes in my Jeep. Thanks for the tip toykilla, I may try some additional lumbar support to alleviate the pain. Until I find the lumbar support I'll just have to self-medicate with a malty beverage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My [little] brother is 6'6 and he has the same back issues when in my car or any car with bucket seats .. thats the reason why he didnt get a Z instead he bought a 550i but his spine is slightly twisted and hes going to therapy for it

·
Registered
643 Posts
Wow............a thread from the dead. The original post is almost 9 years old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts