Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Z developed an issue at the weekend, where a fan in the heating system is now very loud, and vibrates so much that I feel it in the steering wheel and the pedals. By playing with the air flow control, temperature control and fan control I've found that it doesn't matter if the AC is on or the air intake button is set to recirculate or fresh, so I'm guessing that this is a standard fan somewhere that's used by the whole system rather than just a part of it.

From that description, you might guess I'm a :newbie: at this (I've had my Z for 3.5months) but I'd like to try and locate the rogue fan and see if I can fix it myself, before taking to my local dealer and letting them charge me loads for just saying hello to me ;)

I don't have a factory or repair manual yet, but I was wondering if anyone has any pointers of where to find a fan that might do this? I'm fairly certain it's a fan as when I turn off the fan control dial I can hear it slowing down.

cheers

·
Registered
655 Posts
I don't feel a rattle in the wheel but my fan is hella loud too. I'll turn off the air at a stoplight because it's too embarassing. :headshake:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like I was saying, my problem was more than just noise.. the whole car shook when the fan was anything above 50% power. However, I fixed it.. turned out that some insulation (which my friend figures was there to stop the AC 'sweating') had falling into the fan drum, and was weighting it on one side. Once I cleared all that out, it's runs fine.. and not that loud even at 100%

1 - 6 of 6 Posts