Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up,

The question is my A/C unit a make's alot of noise like if your car was overheating and the radiator fan was constently going that is what it sounds like. Is that a normal sound for the A/C unit to do that. But of course there is no sound when I turn off the A/C but it gets very hot here in Tampa. Because that sound is almost as loud as the exsaust system to drown it out, gets very depressing. Any one have some suggestings please.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
As with any A/C, if you have it set high enough, it will make a lot of noise. If you use climate control, it should quiet down quite a bit once the desired temperature is achieved

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hmm, mine makes noise but its only the air blowing out when i have it on high. if its almost as loud as your exhasut system i would consider taking it in to the dealer for soem diagnostics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by DiRN@Jul 11 2005, 03:34 PM
As with any A/C, if you have it set high enough, it will make a lot of noise.  If you use climate control, it should quiet down quite a bit once the desired temperature is achieved
[snapback]130097[/snapback]​

The thing is it might take awhile for it to get to the comfortable car temp, but the sound is the same at all settings LOW/HIGH on the A/C unit.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jul 11 2005, 03:34 PM
As with any A/C, if you have it set high enough, it will make a lot of noise.  If you use climate control, it should quiet down quite a bit once the desired temperature is achieved
[snapback]130097[/snapback]​

+1 It's really hot down there, it may not stop running if you have it set really cold, I keep mine round 75 and it is only noisey for a while, then it settles in........

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jul 11 2005, 03:55 PM
Are you talking about the air itself blowing really loudly or the A/C condenser making a lot of noise?
[snapback]130132[/snapback]​

To correctlly put it, yes the condenser pump is what so loud about the A/C unit. But for my other vechicals owned. I never heard it constenly running for that long period of time. Even if its hot. To jinxycat, the cold temp dosent change when I turn the knob but only how hard it blows. BUt it blows cold mind you though. But it never settles in even at night.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by r211742000@Jul 11 2005, 04:18 PM
To jinxycat, the cold temp dosent change when I turn the knob but only how hard it blows. BUt it blows cold mind you though. But it never settles in even at night.
[snapback]130166[/snapback]​

Those are two separate knobs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts