Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know NA vs. a supercharged engine is just ludacris but i couldnt help it Ive got a base 0 modded 04 350z.
Pulled off my road and felt like playin so i punched second and got squirrly in 2nd 10 seconds later i here a buzzzzz zzippp run by me sure enough its a charged f-150. made me smile to see a big ass truck haulin ass just kept driving caught up passed him and he's on my ass so I merge were side by side I shift into 4th @ 55mph and punch it kept ahead until 78 when i shifted into 5th @ 87 and hes gone by 3 car lengths I just shut down no need in a ticket for a little fun. I have much respect for that 5.4 pushing close to 400 hp but i also think that my little old v6 is needing a turbo in the near future :)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
true and it can be done :)

Seriously.. Where are you coming up with this??

People shouldn't talk about things they have no first hand experience with. It belittles your reputation!

Have you had a Lightning or a Z out on a track to test what you are saying?

:headshake:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Seriously.. Where are you coming up with this??

People shouldn't talk about things they have no first hand experience with. It belittles your reputation!

Have you had a Lightning or a Z out on a track to test what you are saying?

:headshake:

I know the z tops out at 159, I've done it three times.

Also at 55mph he should of thrown it in 3rd, would of been a closer race.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I know the z tops out at 159, I've done it three times.
Also at 55mph he should of thrown it in 3rd, would of been a closer race.

Awesome. Most people have reported that the Z "tops out" at 159. But you can easily have that removed as well.

Even people without altering the OEM Speed Limiter have seen higher than 159 on the digital speedo in the trip gauge.

It would have been an even closer race had it been in a controlled enviroment. haha.. but that's another point. All this racing on the street doesn't really do much for me.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Factory Specifications
Engine: 5.4 L (330 ci) V8 supercharged/intercooled
Horsepower: 380 bhp @ 4750 rpm
Torque: 450 lb-ft @ 3250 lb-ft
0-60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top Speed: 142 mph (drag limited)
Fuel Efficiency: 13/17 mpg
Transmission: 4 spd auto (4R100)
Wheels: 18x9.5 in five-spoke cast aluminum alloy
Brakes: 12.1 / 13.1 in vented disc
Suspension: short- and long-arm type, coil springs, tubular gas-charged Bilstein shock absorbers, 31mm solid stabilizer bar / solid axle, staggered gas-charged Bilstein shock absorbers, five-leaf springs, 23 mm solid stabilizer bar
Tires: Goodyear Eagle F1-GS 295/45ZR18
Curb Weight: 4670 lb
Length: 208 in
Width: 79.1 in
Height: 70.9 in
Wheelbase: 119.8 in
Track: 65.3 in

its a powerfull truck, no doubt
however it in a different league
Z is a sports car, the Ford is a truck

i really dont see out of reach numbers for the Z not to compete with

the dude stated he had a race on 87mph and 70mph
but take that to more speeds, the Z would have made a difference

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Factory Specifications
Engine: 5.4 L (330 ci) V8 supercharged/intercooled
Horsepower: 380 bhp @ 4750 rpm
Torque: 450 lb-ft @ 3250 lb-ft
0-60 mph: 5.5 sec
Top Speed: 142 mph (drag limited)
Fuel Efficiency: 13/17 mpg
Transmission: 4 spd auto (4R100)
Wheels: 18x9.5 in five-spoke cast aluminum alloy
Brakes: 12.1 / 13.1 in vented disc
Suspension: short- and long-arm type, coil springs, tubular gas-charged Bilstein shock absorbers, 31mm solid stabilizer bar / solid axle, staggered gas-charged Bilstein shock absorbers, five-leaf springs, 23 mm solid stabilizer bar
Tires: Goodyear Eagle F1-GS 295/45ZR18
Curb Weight: 4670 lb
Length: 208 in
Width: 79.1 in
Height: 70.9 in
Wheelbase: 119.8 in
Track: 65.3 in
its a powerfull truck, no doubt
however it in a different league

i really dont see out of reach numbers for the Z not to compete with

the dude stated he had a race on 87mph and 70mph
but take that to more speeds, the Z would have made a difference
Maybe they based it on preformance numbers from magazines. Bench racing. I agree though, not cool.

I think that sums up the point we are trying to get across to you. You are talking about this as if you have gone out and done it. It's called bench racing. You can put down all the specs you want.. but there is more to it when it's reality. No doubt the Z is a sports car. But I'm thinking that ford is a little more than a truck. :thumbsup: :cheers:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
you're looking at paper numbers. you're forgetting that people drive the car...not the numbers on the paper.

also...the comment above. you remember that sloetruck had a lightning that could outperform most of the z's on this forum....right? haha!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
you're looking at paper numbers. you're forgetting that people drive the car...not the numbers on the paper.

also...the comment above. you remember that sloetruck had a lightning that could outperform most of the z's on this forum....right? haha!
which can also apply for Z drivers
sloetruck moded the **** out of his truck

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
which can also apply for Z drivers
sloetruck moded the **** out of his truck
i'm saying it applies to both drivers. you could get a good or bad driver in each car. you can't predict anything by paper numbers. there are too many other factors that go into it.

yes...he modded his car...what's your point? technically...yes, the lightning is a tuck....i don't think the lightning is a "truck" like you're saying it is. it's far from an "ordinary" truck.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
well i guess its a matter with several things to take into consideration, i only said that the Z is able to take a F lightning, and so can a F beating a Z.

all i said is top speed....i really dont see what was wrong with what i said.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts