Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I test drove a 2006 350Z-enthusiast. And now I'm going to purchase one :biggrin: So first off, sorry for the ill knowledged questions/comments. I'm looking to get the enthusiast version for the LSD, now do all year enthusiasts come with this? And due to price and I'm only 20 I may get one used(04-up). Is there any year that has special features that others do not. Or has anything changed between years such as slight body adjusts or FI options/lights or whatnot. I only want the enthusiast as the LSD and base options are WAY more than enough to satisfy my needs, now driving a 2005 zx3 focus. Anyone think otherwise for added options (I did like the brembo brakes though!).

Also if I buy used is there any suggestions and what to keep an eye out for, since I'm sure most of them will have been driven rather hard a time or twelve. They also offered it to me off the lot tonight for 34k 06 enthusiast with 70 miles on it for 520/month for 7 years, that seem about right?

Thanks for any replys!

OH, also what is insurance looking like, I know it'll be higher being young but trying to get a ballpark figure come monday(lots of phone calls). Thanks again!

MODS: sorry for the double post, I threw it in the lounge also but then I seen the newbie thread :doh: sorry!

·
Registered
24 Posts
That price is about $5K to high for where I live (New England), and I'm sure because I paid 29 for mine. Edmunds, KBB will let you know what a fair price is. How hard you haggle to get there is up to you. :)

My insurance is about one and a half grand a year.. about $100 more than my '95 Integra GSR.

The 2003 models tend to have a problem with tire feathering ('do a search on tire feathering').

The 2006 have a variety of body changes, subtle for people who aren't enthusiasts themselves.

There a couple Z's still for sell here, check the classifieds. You might have to make a road trip to pick it up, but what's so bad about that?

-Tyson

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Insurance is not really high for these cars.

2006 has new wheel design, front bumper, new headlights, new taillights, and a few other odds and ends. Including a different engine tune.

2003-04 may have the tire feathering problems. No guarantee either way.

34k is TOO much for an enthusiast model! I got my Performance model for 29K. 540/month for 5 years.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so I've seen 02-04 seem to have rather bad feathering issues and the car will remain stock for some time, how are the 2005 models handling with feathering? Any other issues to be aware of when purchasing? Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey all I test drove a 2006 350Z-enthusiast. They also offered it to me off the lot tonight for 34k 06 enthusiast with 70 miles on it for 520/month for 7 years, that seem about right?

Thanks for any replys!

OH, also what is insurance looking like, I know it'll be higher being young but trying to get a ballpark figure come monday(lots of phone calls). Thanks again!

MODS: sorry for the double post, I threw it in the lounge also but then I seen the newbie thread :doh: sorry!
34 thousand for a 06 enthusiast? I bought an 05 Track with the brembros and 300hp for 34, 400 OTD. Go to a couple of dealers and let them know you have. They'll be more likely inclined to lower a few more hundred if they think you'll go somewhere else. Also, make sure you look into their service dept. to see how they are about warranty issues. Also, IMO, the Track Edition was well worth the extra 4,000. Oh, and I just turned 26, and my insurance is 2,500 USD a year.

·
Registered
139 Posts
so I've seen 02-04 seem to have rather bad feathering issues and the car will remain stock for some time, how are the 2005 models handling with feathering? Any other issues to be aware of when purchasing? Thanks!
I've been watching out for that since I bought mine. The research I've noted says that their have been no cases of feathering in the '05s or 06's. So far I've put 3,000 miles on the stock tires, and no problems.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that same dealership had a used 06 track model, the guy bought it then decided he wanted a roadster 2 weeks later, it was marked at 35k but was an auto.....if I wasn't such a **** on buying a 6speed I might of went for it, was black too.

Also is one version lighter than the others, track maybe?

Are the base models looked down/frowned upon? I mean, I really would go all out for the top model but being 20 they wont finance me by myself since I haven't established enough credit. I can afford it but dad wont co-sign an 06 saying waste of money(I beg to differ!), he wants me to look at 03 stuff since we seen some in the 23k range.

Now if any of you were in my situation would you search for a used enthusiasts(I want the LSD), or go for the 06 base. He barely gave me his info to find out some pricing when I told it was 34k (even though overpriced). He IS willing to work with me though, he's just being dad. Thanks all!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FMI, the 300hp stock is only the grand touring 05's and the manual 06's right? And is the aftermarket looking any different for 2006, in the bolt-on department.

cmon tax return!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts