Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I am very keen on getting my hands on a new '06 track Z.
I've had a look at some of the info on this site and it all seems very helpful indeed.
My main concern is the tyre feathering issue. I know it has been well documented with 03 and 04 models.
Does anyone know whether this problem has been specifically addressed by Nissan, for the 06 model Z?

I have just had a look at the national dealer bulletin which outlines all the spec changes for the '06 model.
One of these changes is:
"adoption of dual flow path shock absorbers with revised tuning of the suspension has resulted in further enhanced sense of road holding and responsiveness"

Will this alleviate the problem of feathering?

I do apologise if this has already been answered elsewhere on this forum...I haven't found the answer as yet.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
:welcome: to the site.

Good first question. I haven't followed the feathering issue to closely but don't recall seeing as many posts about it since the '05's came out.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Seeing that they are so new, no one can really say if it has cured the problem. They have gone to a staggered setup on the wheel sizes, plus they are using a newer and improved tire. I think you'll be alright.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hi there and welcome! :wavey: :welcome:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Got an 04 and never had any problems. I believe Nissan fixed the problem a while back so I wouldn't worry about it. Just get the Z!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
hmm..."tyre." Might you be from "over there?"

Welcome to the States, mate. :welcome:

I've got an '05 and the only tire issue I've got is to try and keep the rears from breaking loose. :irock:

Let's have a pic of your car, eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm..."tyre." Might you be from "over there?"

Welcome to the States, mate. :welcome:

I've got an '05 and the only tire issue I've got is to try and keep the rears from breaking loose. :irock:

Let's have a pic of your car, eh?
Thanks all for your responses.
Yes I am from "over there" haha
Well after doing a little bit of research I've decided to go for an '06 track.
As you say I cant ever be sure the problems is completely cured as the car is so new but I am quite confident.
I've signed for the car, but wont be picking it up till early Jan '06. :( Dont know how I will survive till then.
Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts