Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, If any body knows where the VSS (vehicle speed sense wire) is located let me know. I am installing a new head unit that needs to be conected to it for my vehicle dynamics processer. I am looking for Color and location? Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone else that might find this useful. I found it. its a white wire behind the A/C module. there are three harness back there for the A/C box. its is on one of those harnesses. white wire, pin 26 of A/C module. hope this can be usful for anyone else that needs it. manly used for navigation units.

·
Registered
655 Posts
There are actually 2 speed outputs from the Unified Meter and A/C Amp. Pin 26 goes to the speedometer. Pin 34 (white/green) goes to the Nav system. According to the Service Manual CD, the signals are not identical. The speedometer receives an 8-pulse signal, while the Nav system receives a 2-pulse signal.

karlh

·
Registered
21 Posts
So which one should be used for aftermarket navigation? I just ordered the Pioneer Avic-D3

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
So which one should be used for aftermarket navigation? I just ordered the Pioneer Avic-D3
Depends on the unit, the instruction manual should tell you. Most aftermarket NAV units are looking for an 8-pulse signal. Others allow you to specify it in the setup. Some (like my Eclipse AVN5500) have the ability to "learn" by counting the speed pulses and comparing it to the GPS data. When I hooked mine up to the 8-pulse I had to simply drive around the block and the unit learned it.

I'm sure you can download that manual from Pioneer and check out what you'll need.

Ronin Z

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the AVIC D3 and just hooked up the speed sensor wire to the white with gray wire in the AC unit as described above. I will let you know once I power it up to see if it works correctly on the D3.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I have the AVIC D3 and just hooked up the speed sensor wire to the white with gray wire in the AC unit as described above. I will let you know once I power it up to see if it works correctly on the D3.
It's worked fine on my D2. It's been hooked up since Christmas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts