Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now I'm looking for a header for her.

do I have get same brand's as my exhaust so I can get more benefit?

or it doesn't matter who cares?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,332 Posts
no, brand compatibility is not really a thing to be concerned with.

I am working on something right now that will list every possible mod/manufacturer/ etc.. for the z .. it is a lot of work and i am not sure when it will be done.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35,304 Posts
Doesn't matter which brand when they say it applies to the Z. They should all come standard with the correct number of bolt fittings and size. What kind of exhaust do you have?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35,304 Posts
Borla makes headers for the Z. Check the 'review' section on this site, or even the sponsors and vendors that are linked here.

Speaking of which, I should add some comments in the review section with the upgrades I did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35,304 Posts
LB, are you leaning towards ceramic coated or stainless? I know ceramic is cheaper, but it seems to me that it would be better for heat dissipation. What have you come up with in your research?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,946 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Aug 18 2004, 10:32 AM
LB, are you leaning towards ceramic coated or stainless?  I know ceramic is cheaper, but it seems to me that it would be better for heat dissipation.  What have you come up with in your research?

from what I heard , and read , ceramic headers are much better with the heat dissipation... The only advantage ( to some people - not me ) SS headers might have over ceramic headers is looks...
since you really cant see the headers in our Z , I dont see the point of paying more for SS headers , which is a worst product to begin with..
can anyone confirm that ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
35,304 Posts
That's what I thought. I would rather have function than form down there anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Hey solone I just put in borla headers last weekend. I also have Borla dual exhaust. I am not overly impressed with the header. Don't get me wrong its a good header, but the results I was expecting just were not there. I guess you get what you pay for. I should have shelled out some extra dough for a different pair. But at the same time if you have to stay with in a budget they are a good header at the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,946 Posts
Originally posted by mally@Aug 18 2004, 04:34 PM
Hey solone I just put in borla headers last weekend.  I also have Borla dual exhaust.  I am not overly impressed with the header. Don't get me wrong its a good header, but the results I was expecting just were not there.  I guess you get what you pay for. I should have shelled out some extra dough for a different pair.  But at the same time if you have to stay with in a budget they are a good header at the price.

from what I understand Borla headers will give you minimal gains in HP and decent tq #...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Ceramic coated headers are made of mild steel with a ceramic coating. They will rust in under 7 years. Stainless steel headers, however, will probably last longer than you own the car. It has nothing to do with looks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I've go the Nismo's. There was a solid improvement in grunt. Although for the price, I wouldnt recommend them, I'd rather go with Crawford or Xerd. Just bear in mind, it might be an expensive install. Also be careful in your decision, if your going FI, particularly turbo, don't bother with headers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by Juztin@Sep 30 2004, 09:22 PM
I've go the Nismo's.  There was a solid improvement in grunt.  Although for the price, I wouldnt recommend them, I'd rather go with Crawford or Xerd.  Just bear in mind, it might be an expensive install. Also be careful in your decision, if your going FI, particularly turbo, don't bother with headers.

I agree, although Nismo are very nice, for the money I dont feel they are worth it for the performance to $ ratio that they have over others.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top