Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I bought a used 350 I found that I'm missing the batt/fluid covers, and I'm missing the Fluid cover housing and all the rubber parts under it. This houseing is like the hardest thing to find. I found the covers at performance nissan though. But I can't find this housing anywhere.... :banghead:

Heres what I'm talking about

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by johnoppa@Aug 30 2005, 04:30 PM
After I bought a used 350 I found that I'm missing the batt/fluid covers, and I'm missing the Fluid cover housing and all the rubber parts under it. This houseing is like the hardest thing to find. I found the covers at performance nissan though. But I can't find this housing anywhere.... :banghead:

Heres what I'm talking about
[snapback]150813[/snapback]​

Any nissan dealership should be able to get (order)these for you.

All the Z's and G's that I have seen that were purchased used all have somesort of issue with the plastic panels and covers. Missing battery covers, missing bolts on underpanels, etc.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow. I had to look at that for a while. That's definitely odd that you're missing the housing. Was the car in an accident or salvaged or stolen? You might need to visit a scrap yard and find another Z to scavenge from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car was listed as a corporate fleet vehicle.. Maybe it was a rental of some sort. I took a chance buying it, but then it was such a low price for a track model. No accedents on record. I find it really really odd that it's missing the houseing lol

None of the junkyards around my area even have 350z's in their yard oO

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
When I bought my Z, the cover was missing, but the trim it snapped into was still there. I bought the cover from the dealership for about $15, but all that plastic will probably run you a pretty penny.

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent an email and called up pinnacle and performance, performance nissan had a good laugh about the pictures lol, and they both don't carry that part in their stock. So I'm going to try my local dealer I guess. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
My guess is that most dealerships won't have that part in stock. It's not a piece that often needs to be replaced. You'll probably need a dealership to order it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts