Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there
can any one advice me which headers , test pipes , intake are the best for my z 2004 that installed with borla dual exhaust .

is that true the crawford headers one of the best ???

best regards,

s s s b

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi there
can any one advice me which headers , test pipes , intake are the best for my z 2004 that installed with borla dual exhaust .

is that true the crawford headers one of the best ???

best regards,

s s s b
True that Crawford Headers are one of, if not the most powerful headers on the market, but these headers are by far one of thee most difficult headers to install and also one of the most expensive. Installation requires that the installer detach motor mounts from motor and lift the motor in order to have enough clearance for header placement. If you are planing to do a header install in a Z, be prepared for the worst and invite some trust worthy friends in on the fun. It took me and two friends 5 hours just to install my headers and my Alpha Werxs Headers doesn't require any lifting of the motor at all. Very difficult install to do.
There's one more factor that you should consider, if your thinking about getting a turbo system, your headers will be useless to you. Even the Turbonetics ST Unit is not compatible with aftermarket headers and is actully designed to be used with the factory exhaust manifolds. I was told that even Superchargers have negetive results with aftermarket headers. Do some research and see what you think is right for you. I hope that i was some help for you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
wow, how is it that headers have a negative effect on the Turbo or the SC?

Most headers do not work with the turbo kits currently on the market from what I have seen since these kits supply their own headers/manifolds. As far as headers and a SC, there is not down side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aftermarket headers affect boost and air fuel ratio parameters when used in conjunction with superchargers and turbo's. Additional tunning is usually required in order for these unit to work properly with aftermarket headers. Most manufactures spend alot of time tunning they're systems to be "direct bolt on" for stock vehicles, so alteration of these perameters can cause they're units to malfunction and even cause damages. With TURBONETIC's ST unit, the intercooling piping hit the headers longer running pipes which can cause major damages to vehicle engine and or parts. With this unit, boost is affected, and turbo lag is increased. With all this said though, anything can be made to work safetly with proper tunning, over all product knowledge, and regular maintinance. Do research, it's all there for everyone to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts