Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my exhaust, I'm looking for a specific sound or as close to it as i can get.

1. I'm looking for one that sounds like an old Car sound, I'm not sure that this is achievable on a nissan, but any ideas on a exhaust that will give me something close to this sound. I don't want an exhaust that sounds all pingy, don't want to sound like rice burner. I've heard a couple of mustangs on the street that sound like it, but maybe thats only acchivable on an american car.

2. Also since i bought the extended warranty, i know its the dealer that has to prove the mod caused the damage, is there any concviable thing that putting a new exhaust on would void the extended warranty?

3. I've been looking at the Borla Exhaust, there is a single pipe and duel pipe, is there any difference between the two (besides price) they both seem to be putting out the same amount of power, I've read that duel for defiant for FI, which i will not be going in the near or distant future. any sound difference? I've found the duel for like 470, cant beat that price.

Any help on any of these questions would be great.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I have the Borla True Dual and love it, not sure what you mean by old car sound but the borla is NOT ricey or pingy, not exceptionally loud and obnoxious either. It's a nice growl for sure.........sweet sounds to the ears. I'd go w/ the TD and if you found one for $470 that is an exceptional price. And there is no way that an exhaust will void a warranty unless it DIRECTLY causes a problem, which is highly unlikely. I installed mine myself and no leaks or anything just a nice sound :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are several systems that will give your Z a deeper sound. BUT, you will never get one that will sound like a late model Mustang V8. Their mod motor has it's own sound. GM's Lt1 iron block sounds different from the Ls1 alum. block. In the end, you will never get a V6 to sound like a V8.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by txsunset@Jul 16 2005, 08:59 AM
There are several systems that will give your Z a deeper sound. BUT, you will never get one that will sound like a late model Mustang V8. Their mod motor has it's own sound. GM's Lt1 iron block sounds different from the Ls1 alum. block. In the end, you will never get a V6 to sound like a V8.
[snapback]132742[/snapback]​

True True, and I'd be like :OMG: if i ever heard that sound coming from a Z :ahhh: It would be like a frankenstein Z! :hide2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
You gonna keep us all hanging or tell us where you found the Borla TD exhaust for $470?

·
Registered
37 Posts
my bet would be that he either found it used for that price. or he found the single cat back that splits into two tips like the stock for that prices bc that is a few hundred below dealer cost on that exhaust. theyd be losing hundreds every time they sold a true dual at that price. that should be bout right tho for the regular cat back

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I love the sound of the Borla TD... not sure if thats exactly what you're looking for but I think it's close.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to let you all know i got my exhaust from jegs.com, actually they made a mistake and listed it for 470, and it is the TD, they caught the mistake now so dont try going there to buy it, its now like 900, i guess i got lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts