Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so its realy hot down here in mexico averege temp 110 degrees , so i need something to help me with cooling allready have nismo thermostat and radiator hoses, and i am getting a radiator soon, also i was looking for a good carbon fiber hood that has a good cooling system , so which is the best hood like best vents and everything for cooling the engine?? and that looks pretty desent? ohh yeah and that has something to cover the vents when it rains or where could i get that?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
My vote is for the Seibon TS. You may want to consider it + Motordyne Engineering hood spacer or just the hood spacer. Looks ghetto, but it reduces engine temps significantly (and prevents the engine from heat soaking as soon), not sure if you want to use it everyday though.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I have the TS hood and it does vent alot of heat. I can feel it when i stand next to the car coming through the vents.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the Seibon VS in Arizona. It has one large vent and you can see the heat rising out of it constantly...I highly recommend it and the guys I got it from: Intense Motorsports.

Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 17 2005, 06:32 AM
I have the TS hood and it does vent alot of heat. I can feel it when i stand next to the car coming through the vents.
[snapback]116463[/snapback]​

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do u guys have pictures of both of the hoods?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats the one i wanted to get, but performance nissan said seibon had some fitment issues? thats why they couldnt get it for me

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Performance Nissan is very weird about what they do and don't believe in. Seems like a hypocritical thing to me. I have bought from them. I think they know alot, and they have alot of products. But definately weird when it comes to picking a product in a category.

As already stated, Seibon had issues at first, those are resolved. You will still have fitment issues at first though, just takes some fiddling to get it just right, it's like this on most carbon fiber hoods.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love my seibon TS-II 610 shipped no fitment issues! here's a pic :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Just speculation, but I would bet the hoses and etc. under the hood are not as susceptible to mother nature as you would think.

(BTW, I most likely will be painting my hood)

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 12 2005, 11:58 PM
Just speculation, but I would bet the hoses and etc. under the hood are not as susceptible to mother nature as you would think.

(BTW, I most likely will be painting my hood)
[snapback]131075[/snapback]​

I've got a HUGE (read: 10" x 30"??) vent in my CF hood on my ST165. I know it's not the same car.. but I NEVER have a problem.. things get too hot me thinks to have much damage done. Several GT-Four Celica come from the factory with large vents etc.....

just double check and see what is in the "scope" of getting wet with whatever hood you go after.

·
Registered
187 Posts
How you like this one? It has been painted to match the cae since then. Haven't taken recent pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
chaparro78 - That is the hood that I am looking at getting. How was the fitting on the install and have you found anything that you really like or dislike about that hood. If you could post some pictures when you get some.

Thanks,

·
Registered
187 Posts
Fit was good and installed pretty easy. The gills on the right side if you are facing the car, the 2nd one would rub against the belt on my Vortech S/C so when I had it painted i had them grind down on the spot where rubbing would occur. After I got it back from my painter and I installed it there was no more rubbing. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts