Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been doing alot of looking around for clutches. I have basicly limited it to 3 options. JWT, RPS max series 6 puck, and exedy. Now I looked at the list of clutches on this website. I seen Exedy Hyper Single/Twin Plate. Ok So went looking for the Exedy hyper twin plate. But to no avail. I can't find this part anyware. I have found single and Hyper Carbon Plate but no Hyper Twin. Have I been sent on a wild goose chase or am I missing something here?

From what I have found Exedy makes only clutches for the 3fitty. Hyper Single Plate, Hyper Carbon Plate. Now if there is a Hyper Twin Plate could someone give me a clue as to where to find them lol.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I think the Hyper Carbon is the twin.. From the specs, it looks like the Exedy single may barely hold forced induction cars which sucks since the other Exedy clutch is around 1k more expensive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know what you mean about the Exedy. I was hoping there was a Hyper Twin cause the other is to much. I don't think the Hyper Single will cut it. I was really looking into the RPS max 6 puck. Does not seem to bad for the price. could you give me a link to the ORC clutches. I am having a hard time finding one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok now i was looking into the RPS 6 puck right. Well I went to turboclutch.com Which I think is there main site. But they don't have the 350Z on there. HMMM so I emailed them asking why. I know they make full plate sport, 6 puck sport, full plate max series, and the 6 puck max series.

Is this even there main site lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been really looking into this RPS 6 puck. I have found it for less then 1k and seems pretty good for the price. Torque capicite is 625. That is plenty. I think I might go with this clutch. I really am starting to like it. It says that it has a stiff pedal feel. what exactly does that mean?

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I like:

Exedy
ORC
ATS

Check them out ^^

Out of the ones you listed.. I would go with the Exedy , hands down. JMHO!

Not a fan of the JWT?

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Nope, although I'm told the JWT is a exedy disc and fidanza fw.

I like fancy setups :) I have had ORC and Exedy on other cars. As well as Clutch Masters, Fidanza, etc... I just like the Japanese stuff better.

And for bigger power, I prefer twin or triple disc setup, not harsh singles.

^^ Just my opinion... lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, my shipment just arrived, its from excedy, hyper single. not sure yet how it wud feel, but i'm told its gonna be a bit harder to press on the clutch pedal...i installed single clutch cause i'm not looking into power over 400hp, i'm gonna put the engine as N.A as possible..plus a twin or triple plate wud be more harder to press on..unless u are really looking into power...then u shud installed a twin or triple...

Reviews on excedy clutch are good...its japan spec...i love JDM...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Have you ever heard of Clutch Masters? Just another Option to think about! There clutches are awsome. Stage 2 would be all you ever need!

Put it this way..... I and my sister both replaced our stock clutches in our civic's.... she went to the dealer..... I wen't to my buddy Salem with a STOCK replacement clutch masters clutch...... My sister drove my car and liked my clutch better than the stock one. Not only was the engagement better than stock, but you had 100% confidence it was grabbing.

This is only a stock comparison..... There is no doubt that the clutches mentioned above are great but this is another option. The day I replace my clutch on the Z I will get a Stage 2 Carbon Kevlar clutch and pressureplate along with a light weight flywheel from them. When that day comes i will post, but dammit this stock clutch is going great at 55k.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts