Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
They look like JDM Nismo....the US Nismo bulges are more pronounced...hard to tell off of the car. I prefer the JDM.....but went with US on mine.

Nice...those will look great.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/quote]
thats your side not mine :) I pull almost 800kbps from my server and its located somewhere in new york on an oc-xx line. maybe its just slow today? :) they are 2 megs a piece someone put a 56k warning on it i forgot to :-D

oh and they are the nismo jdm sides and rear. I couldnt bring myself to go nismo us. I bought it and it sat at my house over a month before i sent it back to performance nissan. It was just way too bubbly.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Looks good. Can't wait to see it installed!

Just curious, what is the main difference between the JDM and US spec versions of the kit? I've been eyeing the Nismo sides and possibly a V1 lip but haven't made up my mind...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know the US spec is much more pronounced a the bulge areas than the Japan version . It would be nice to see comparative pics though.

I like the Nismo skirts but I'm on the fence wether or not the US version is too much or not.....especially for a bright color like LeMans Sunset.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
is that a real or replica Nismo kit? I got the real deal JDM kit when they first came out, but mine came to me in raw white finish, not that icky green-yellow shown above. Wondering if they changed the composition.

Difference between JDM and US spec Nismo kits is the front piece. US kits get a bolt on lip; JDM gets a full front bumper replacement. There is no difference in the "bulges" of the other pieces.
:irock:

·
Registered
38 Posts
[/quote]

in addition to the obvious difference of the front of the kit, the US nismo kit does have larger buldges than the JDM kit, and the rear pieces are also slightly different looking. If you look at the two kits one at a time it isn't that noticable, but when you see them together the different in buldge size is very obvious. also, the jdm kit is fiberglass and the us kit is p/u.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where is a good place to buy the JDM Nismo kit? I like how the JDM is a new front end instead of the lip spoiler like the US version.

·
Registered
755 Posts
too much money involved, for example:

If painting & installing rear addons not molded cost $100
then molding it will cost $600 because you need to repaint the whole bumper.

no body would notice IMO, not worth it.

Does anyone know how to remove the side skirt? I want to see if they fit before i take it to the shop "Pictures would be very helpful"

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
:-D i will prob ably drop mine off in a few days. I just want to make sure everything is done right.

Wondering if i should mold the nismo rear to my bumper or not...
<div align="right">[snapback]82082[/snapback]
[/quote]

Please mold it...I really think it will look much better. I applaud your decision to wait and make sure you were installing a body kit piece you would be happy with...IMO you're not going to be happy with those lines on the rear bumper.

(no disrespect inteneded to those who have Nismo rear bumpers that are not molded)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts