Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ooooo baby im excited

check out these gauge pods i bought from japanparts.com, cost me a small fortune but they are a very high quality piece, beautiful cf weave and high gloss finish. Theyre made by Primaru

Ill fit them tommorrow and take some pics on the car. This will really set off my centre console. Ive got the EVO-R CF window switches coming soon to match

but sorry guys, for RHD only :nana:

·
Registered
121 Posts
very cool man,

cant wait to see them installed

i agree in what you said on the other forum, tacky overlays suck nuts

these should look good

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
How much HP do they add? :lol:

Boo to CF! I just don't see the appeal. :dunno:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice one Smooth! I am a HP man also I would rather look stock and then blow the doors off somebody. But I will admit they do look nice and will definately be better than some do-it-yourself covering.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one Smooth! I am a HP man also I would rather look stock and then blow the doors off somebody. But I will admit they do look nice and will definately be better than some do-it-yourself covering.
each to their own

theres a 996 TT S, SL55 and 360 Spider in the garage downstairs to get a speed rush :irock:

plus i doubt AUD $320 is going to buy much speed

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hahaha... I don't think he needs any more power in his garage mate... there are well over 1500HP in that exotic room already... you gotta love that!

Sam:

those look hot... please show some more pics when you get those installed! gotta look nice with a black zed.

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah, in the family

re speed, not everyone's goal with the Z is to make it the quickest thing out there. If i wanted out right speed i would have spent the same money on an R34 GTR

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
nah, in the family

re speed, not everyone's goal with the Z is to make it the quickest thing out there. If i wanted out right speed i would have spent the same money on an R34 GTR
i was gonna say....send one over to me. :)

what do you do? how old are you?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pm for that info dude :shiftdrive:

also most US guys dont realise we are paying twice as much for our Zs here in Aus, so even after you've done your fully sick turbo or supercharger install, your still only 3/4s of the way towards owning an Aus Z........so it takes longer to pull off such huge mods

·
Registered
106 Posts
i've been wanting to get CF stuff for the interior (think that the interior of the 350 can def. be improved)... what other pieces are available?
Any pics?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats all Primaru make in CF for the interior

suitegraphics/elegantwooddesign do fake cf overlays for interior pieces, but you have to send them your originals

then there evo-r.net. They do real cf pieces which sit on top of the factory piece. Im still waiting on the CF door switch covers, so no info on quality yet im afraid. Evo-r do alot now, full centre console pieces, main gauge top, etc. check out the website.......im not sure whether they do the centre console for RHD, i assume so since they do RHD switch covers

pics tonite, im at work atm

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i rushed home from work to fit these babies

they come supplied with 3 thin strips of double sided tape underneath, but its not enough, and they keep popping back up. You can see the first and last are raised

im going to grab some heavy duty double sided tape on the weekend, if that fails ill prob use hot glue

they look soooo nice

·
Registered
889 Posts
CF not for me but the finish in the photo is spot on. I like the top part but not the bottom where you are having double side tape issues. What does it look like without the bottom bits?

Anyway they look cool and very japanese. Just need a set of defi gauges and your set.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Whats kinda cool mean? LOL

Its tuff, I think Nissan has done a good job in alot of areas on this car and a not so good job in others, but im not sure this was one of the areas which needed attention. They've obviously thought about how the car looks from back there as it looks pretty good to start with, especially behind the steering wheel.

Regarding CF, everyone has their own tastes but I feel that if CF isnt being used to increase strength or lighten weight then you need to question its worth as 9/10 it would look better painted in the applications it gets used in.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they do look better in person

plus once the cf window switches are on, the look will be alot more complete

i feel the centre console is just too plain. ive done a fair bit of change with the stereo surround and having the monitor cover most of the nav pocket, and imo those cf gauges just finish off a custom centre console

i do think its a nicer alternative than colored vinyl

im going to have to do something with the main gauge surround next, im thinking black leather and orange stitching like the armrests

1 - 20 of 22 Posts