Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachmentid=8949]
OMG I can't belive I did this. :banghead: I just watched it fall. Can anyone breakdown how to take the headlight out and apart so I can get that little ******* out of there. :stupid:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
you need to put the light in the oven.. open the housing... remove the bulb and close it back up.. i havnt done this but plenty of people have opened the housings to paint them

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx,

The gum is a good Idea I tried a magnet and it fell into the lower half so I guess I'm going to open it up I saw one of the painted threads looks cool but I haven't seen anyone do silver

·
Registered
470 Posts
lol its hard not to laugh at that man hahaha but dont worry try taking the headlight out and shaking it to come out dont do it so hard cause it will break the bulb :doh: :banghead:

·
Registered
23 Posts
if i were you, go 2 NISSAN, if your car is under warranty, and tell them "WTF IS THIS?" and they will repair it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer sucks, it will take a month to fix.
Anyhow I decide to paint my lights going to tackle it this weekend.
Happy 4th everyone. :goodtimes: :cheers: :drink: :party: :vomit:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by EriksonFL@Jul 1 2005, 02:05 PM
Happy 4th everyone. :goodtimes:  :cheers:  :drink:  :party:  :vomit:
[snapback]125480[/snapback]​

Post some pics please!! :yourock:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Originally posted by EriksonFL@Jul 1 2005, 04:05 PM
Happy 4th everyone. :goodtimes:  :cheers:  :drink:  :party:  :vomit:
[snapback]125480[/snapback]​

1 month?!?!?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I though about this happening when I put in my crappy vision GB bulbs cause they were a PITA to get all the way in the base.

Can't you just pull the housing and play "get the bulb in the hole" by rotating it like one of those little ball bearing games we all had as a kid (but are now probably banned because they are somehow a choking hazard)?

At the very least I would think you could get it close enough to the hole that you could use gum (or double stick tape) on a stick.

Chris

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
What you need to do is get a wire hanger and a packet of fun-tack. You can bend the wire hangar any way you need to, and the fun tack will work a **** of a lot better than gum will. No need to have a wedge bulb and chewing gum stuck in there.. :lol:

I use fun-tack (that blue sticky ****) when I'm workin with a screwdriver in a tough spot to make sure I dont drop the screw/to hold it in place. Works great!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by Jetpilot718@Jul 7 2005, 12:29 PM
I use fun-tack (that blue sticky ****) when I'm workin with a screwdriver in a tough spot to make sure I dont drop the screw/to hold it in place.  Works great!
[snapback]128226[/snapback]​

I use a magnetic Craftsman bit driver for that. It holds on so well I have to sometimes fight the screws off after I unscrew them

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah my dealer's a PITA too. I went in one time because my passenger side window was sluggish rolling up and they popped my hood to make sure I had no mods. I was like WTF!! My dealer won't touch the car if it has mods. I'm having to try to find a new dealer to accept my warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried the coathanger approach and I left HUGE gashes in the metalic parts and told NISSAN that the bulb fell out and scratched the entire thing and they hooked me up with a new assembly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts