Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see this article on page 48 of the May Road and Track? The article has a couple pics (I will scan it later and post if anyone wants to see).

"Nissan recently took the veil off a future version of its 350Z sports car. Dubbed the Fairlady Z Type E ("E" stands for emotional), the car was created to be the foundation for Nismo's GT500-class entry in the Japanese GT racing championship."

"The Fairlady Z Type E is noticeably longer than the current 350Z - 7.1 in. in front and 5.3 in. at the rear. The nose of the car is completely new, the front fenders are wider, while the rear is highlighted by a flamboyant wing (on the Nismo version only) and a spoiler lip located at the bottom of the rear bumper."

"The Z Type E goes on sales this spring in Japan, with a price tag of about $60,000. Let's hope they bring some to the US."

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Good find. I haven't seen the article, but I have seen too many pictures of the Fairlazy Z Type "F" ("F" stands for fugly)</span>

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I don't think making the car LONGER is an improvement. Nissan needs to make the 350Z LIGHTER. And that E model costs $60,000 and doesn't have much more rwhp.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
One word...Hideous!

·
Registered
598 Posts
i saw a quick article about two weeks ago in an autoweek magazine. i would have to say that i would rather see a version that was streetable with virtually no creature comforts such as no radio, air con, lighter seats etc. similar to the (dont kill me for saying it) ford cobra R that was released a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Basically they upped the HP about 30 (wow... i mean seriously) and made it uglier. Anyone who would plunk down double the cash for that needs to get their head examined.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Jul 13 2004, 01:09 PM
Basically they upped the HP about 30 (wow... i mean seriously) and made it uglier.  Anyone who would plunk down double the cash for that needs to get their head examined.

Amen brotha!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There was an article on Nissan's Japanese site, but I can't find it now (**** japanese writing on japanese websites... i mean really). The non-technical mods were the body kit (ugly, but cool spoiler), Nismo seats (cool), Nismo gauge pod (cool), Nismo kick plates (cool), and a few other things that I can't think of at the moment. All in all, some cool additions, but not worth double the price by any means.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I think Julian's got upwards of 20... correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I look at it, you could buy a 2005 base, put in a twin turbo, headers, exhaust, cats, intake, pulleys, body kit, lambo doors, audio system, and anything else you could possibly want, and still be well under 60K. OR you could buy an uglier version of the Z. I just don't see it.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think his garage total is somewhere around $26k. I'd definitely take his over the fugly one anyway

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am sorry but that car LOOKS SICK! it looks like a porsche GT. I would pop the body kit on my car but they can suck a di*k for 60g's

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Is there a practical purpose for that nose?...reminds me of the old skool Superbird Wing.

I was looking at those JGT Z33's the other day....they're not all running that chango feo kit, I don't think.

Z33's could definitely be lightened a bit!...but not mine, cause I LIKE those creature comforts.

Maybe when the warranty's up I can make a racecar out of it...........

If she'll let me.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jul 22 2004, 12:56 PM
Is there a practical purpose for that nose?...reminds me of the old skool Superbird Wing. 

I was looking at those JGT Z33's the other day....they're not all running that chango feo kit, I don't think. 

Z33's could definitely be lightened a bit!...but not mine, cause I LIKE those creature comforts. 

Maybe when the warranty's up I can make a racecar out of it...........

If she'll let me.

supposedly it does have a practical purpose and did quite well on the track with this body kit ... its still butt ugly in my book ... and for this money
, z06 is cheaper , good thinking nissan ..

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
If I'd had $50k instead a $30k...Z06 for sure. I've got an LS-1 all aluminum smallblock in the3 shop...pretty close to that Z06 LS-6...

"...did quite well on the track..." So did the Superbirds, back inna day, but they still look ca-ca to me.

I'm just trying to figure out what I'd do if I had $30k to mod my Z...Headers, exhaust, TT kit, sways, coil-o's, wheels & tires...is about all I really need...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts