Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Fayetteville, GA. Southeast of Atlanta. I am looking for a local shop to do some modifications on my car. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place nearby? (I don't mind driving a ways if the shop is not close by.)

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hmm i moved from atlanta about 2 yrs ago, i know of a place i went to when i was there called mahdavi which is in lilburn/lawrenceville kinda. look in the phone book and call them! i ma looking for other options so give me a bit to see what i can find for ya

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
sorry mikey i am out of town and at a comp to check my emails real quick. from what i know they do good places as well. you can also try these places to:

i would definitely call these guys, www.KnowledgePerformance.net
866-850-8198
678-445-0688

or

twisted tuning (up 400)...
Performancing engineering (cobb)
Cathine's (downtown)

·
Registered
7 Posts
mikey what you looking to do? i am pretty good and depending on what you are looking to do i will probly do it for ya on the cheap. i have plenty of experiance, i pmed you a while back but hit me up ssrudolph1

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea I got the PM thing but I tried to paste the address but it wouldn't work??? Do u live in GA? If so what area? is the ssrudolph1 ur sn?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
IMO, I would go to Carrollton, GA to Z1 Motorsports, 300zx.com. They do GREAT work!

·
Registered
46 Posts
[/quote]

Well Z1 has a very nice brand new building, not to impressed with their abilitly to dyno cars. But could have just been a bad day or whatever, Mahdavi has a negative track record IMO... long story that involved a customers motor being dragged on the floor and damaged.

Also Knowledge is the only place that I keep hearing good positive things consistantly including their tuning and treatment of customers.

IMO my friends go there, and if need be so shall I.

Oh snap Mike, I didn't recognize it was you. Man basic bolt-ons and such are pretty much can be done with you and a friend (along with service manual, install instructions, tools, etc.).

Or if you need help I know we are up for helping you out, save you money and educate yourself on your ride :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

Well Z1 has a very nice brand new building, not to impressed with their abilitly to dyno cars. But could have just been a bad day or whatever, Mahdavi has a negative track record IMO... long story that involved a customers motor being dragged on the floor and damaged.

Also Knowledge is the only place that I keep hearing good positive things consistantly including their tuning and treatment of customers.

IMO my friends go there, and if need be so shall I.

Oh snap Mike, I didn't recognize it was you. Man basic bolt-ons and such are pretty much can be done with you and a friend (along with service manual, install instructions, tools, etc.).

Or if you need help I know we are up for helping you out, save you money and educate yourself on your ride :shiftdrive:
<div align="right">[snapback]72979[/snapback]
[/quote]
After hearing some other situations. I WOULD NOT recommend Z1 Motorsports to anyone, stay away from them. 300ZX and 350Z guys have had problems. I'm going to take my car all the way to Chicago because I would rather deal with someone who has worked on a 350Z and had success.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div align="right">[snapback]55970[/snapback]
[/quote]

<div align="right">[snapback]72979[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hahahaha :clap: JK
Yea dude its me. Long time no see. I got ur call about heading up on Thurs. to that place. But I was busy and sick and didn't get it til Fri anyways. Yea I might need some help. I think I'm gonna get a new exhaust soon. I'm still looking for a sponsor before I go with any F/I.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are quite a few places in Atlanta that are pretty good.

Z1 Motorsports
Balanced Performance
Battleground Engineering

I've had bolt-ons installed at Z1 without any problems and we even had a great dyno day event there. I have read a few things about their built engines but if you're just doing bolt-ons they do a good job.

Alot of the Atlanta guys at G35frenzy have also had a good bit of work done at Balanced Performance. Most of the work has been bolt-ons but I haven't heard any complaints. They also have their own dyno.

BattleGround Engineering works on Japanese cars but they specialize in high horsepower Supras. At one point they had a RB26 powered 350Z project car, I don't know if they ever actually got it 100% completed.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
I remember them working on the RB26 350Z, I thought they were the FIRST people ever to put an RB26DETT in a 350Z, never saw it finished though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey@Feb 13 2005, 09:13 PM
Yea dude its me. Long time no see. I got ur call about heading up on Thurs. to that place. But I was busy and sick and didn't get it til Fri anyways. Yea I might need some help. I think I'm gonna get a new exhaust soon. I'm still looking for a sponsor before I go with any F/I.

Yeah man exhaust is not that difficult of a install, we could do that in less than a couple of hours.

You up for G-Fudd this thursday? There would be like three Z's, you if you go, Josh, and me.

I have been reviewing the Greddy TT install instructions and the Z's service manual, install seems to be two day job. Just need solder, and some other things passed the basic tools I have now.

What F/I are you thinking? Also unless you got the time, and flexible job... Sponsorship might not be a good idea, also be weary of scams that many fall for.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah man exhaust is not that difficult of a install, we could do that in less than a couple of hours.

You up for G-Fudd this thursday? There would be like three Z's, you if you go, Josh, and me.

I have been reviewing the Greddy TT install instructions and the Z's service manual, install seems to be two day job. Just need solder, and some other things passed the basic tools I have now.

What F/I are you thinking? Also unless you got the time, and flexible job... Sponsorship might not be a good idea, also be weary of scams that many fall for.
<div align="right">[snapback]73380[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm not sure about Thursday. I leave Fri for a soccer tournament and snowboarding, so I'll probably be packing. Sorry dude and I'll be gone all week so next thursday is a no also. I'll be able to make it the next thursday tho I think. Well I don't have a job right now, so it wouldn't be a problem as far as flexibility goes. I was thinking probably a supercharger or something. I just want something cheap. I don't have a job as I stated so I don't have a lot of cash to spend. So ur planning on the Greddy TT then?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

I'm not sure about Thursday. I leave Fri for a soccer tournament and snowboarding, so I'll probably be packing. Sorry dude and I'll be gone all week so next thursday is a no also. I'll be able to make it the next thursday tho I think. Well I don't have a job right now, so it wouldn't be a problem as far as flexibility goes. I was thinking probably a supercharger or something. I just want something cheap. I don't have a job as I stated so I don't have a lot of cash to spend. So ur planning on the Greddy TT then?
<div align="right">[snapback]73389[/snapback]
[/quote]
Might want to consider the Turbonetics single turbo kit then, it's around $4700.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by Mikey@Feb 14 2005, 07:45 PM

Gotcha, also good luck with the Tournament and hopefully you come back alright from Snowboarding LOL.

Your Z is nice, and you have a pretty decent start when it comes to mods... but I don't think you will alot at first (sponsors). Though I do have faith you will be able to get some small places to help donate a little to ya (audio places, wheel places).

Not having a job is going to hinder your proposal, but if your parants are going to be able to front the fundage for going to shows and stuff then you should be straight.

Greddy TT is a option, but extra costs when considerin all the monitoring equip. and the option to increase power (then having to eventually lowering compression for higher boost). Also the Emanage is incomplete (not a simple plug and play), so that is holding me back, oh and tight install.

I still have plenty of time, shooting for before Nopi Nats (went last year in the minor modded 02 Civic SI), this year hoping to really go beyond what I thought possible within a year :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Feb 14 2005, 07:49 PM
Might want to consider the Turbonetics single turbo kit then, it's around $4700.

I haven't checked out this kit yet, well not in detail but I remember reading within a forum that it requires you to remove the OEM cats is that true?

I checked a couple of vendors but it doesn't say anything about it :dunno:

·
Registered
46 Posts
[/quote]
They will sell cats seperately.
<div align="right">[snapback]73752[/snapback]
[/quote]

I read a little on a thread from another Z forum with a guy who got I guess the testing first gen of this kit.

Seems they do remove the OEM cats in order to keep the OEM headers in place and to still power the Turbo. Great numbers though for the boost, and good review... though unless they found a way to make a kit that was still around the same price or lower and kept cats in some way so we could pass emissions I might consider it some more.

Also I read a thread too (also on another Z forum) about Z1, wasn't good... not good at all.

Anyone can do simple bolt-ons, but when it comes to more complicated, time consuming tasks that is were a "shop" is tested.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
They will sell cats seperately.
<div align="right">[snapback]73752[/snapback]
[/quote]

I read a little on a thread from another Z forum with a guy who got I guess the testing first gen of this kit.

Seems they do remove the OEM cats in order to keep the OEM headers in place and to still power the Turbo. Great numbers though for the boost, and good review... though unless they found a way to make a kit that was still around the same price or lower and kept cats in some way so we could pass emissions I might consider it some more.

Also I read a thread too (also on another Z forum) about Z1, wasn't good... not good at all.

Anyone can do simple bolt-ons, but when it comes to more complicated, time consuming tasks that is were a "shop" is tested.
<div align="right">[snapback]74203[/snapback]
[/quote]
You saw that thread by gurgen eh? That was what I was referring to.

Turbonetics will have a CARB approved system. They will also sell a kit that has high flow cats in it (cats aren't made by them though). Just wondering, they have emissions in ATL?

I plan on going with the tuner version of the Turbonetics kit with a larger turbocharger, should be around $4000 for the tuner version and I don't have a clue how much the larger turbo will be. The tuner version has no reflash and no injectors, fuel lines, and fuel pump. So i'm going to go with the CJ-Motorsports twin-pump fuel system and HKS F-Con V-Pro (standalone) and HKS 1000cc injectors.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts