Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been running the Nismo Cat-Back exhaust for about 6 months. I had gotten tempted to see what a true dual would do for me so I decided to test the new Invidia's G200 with Titanium Tips. Here is my impressions. Not a review, persay, Im not mechanically inclined but here is my thoughts.

To start, the apprearance of the Invidia's exhaust excels the Nismo one by its great looking Titanium tips. Starting it is when all my questions arised. The exhaust seems to me a lot more quieter than the Nismo one, which to me is not a positive thing since I like somewhat loud. When car is running at idle you dont hear anything at all that can say here is an aftermarket exhaust.

Driving puzzled me even more. I drove it today for fairly 90 miles to see how it really felt in all different ways. I dont know if it is my idea but I feel that I have loss Torque which worries me. Above 4K RPM you do feel a bit more of a pull than the Nismo but to get there I found myself flooring the car which I didnt have to do with the Nismo. I say I may have lost Torque due to the fact that now I find myself downshifting more often to pass cars or for acceleration when the Nismo gave instant responses.

Here is an example of how I feel it different. I have a Nitrous Wide Open Throttle switch behind the gas pedal, so if nitrous is activated when the gas pedal is floored it would produce a click on the switch indicating you are spraying. With the Nismo Exhaust, since I never had to floor the gas pedal I never heard that switch, and now since Im constantly flooring it I can hear my gas pedal clicking the nitrous switch a lot. WHich, therefore means Im having to floor the car for me to obtain some power.

When going into an on ramp at the FWY the initial acceleration I feel has been reduced but after 4K RPM I do feel a pull.

Well I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this new Invidia G200 exhaust, especially anyone who may have jumped from the Nismo one to this one. Would the exhaust get as loud as the Nismo after breaking period or not.

Kepp in mind that this exhaust is running in conjunction with Crawford High Flow Cats.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
do you want to sell your nismo?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts