Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
new to this forum thing but looking forward to learning.
I have had my Z for 4000k's now and ready to mod....
Does anyone have experience with lightened flywheel (and crank pulley while I am at it) in Australia (ie sourced/fitted in sydney?)
Seems like an awesome mod especially if you believe the stuff about the tilton stuuf from the USA.
Also on another topic but still mod related. APS website shows a true dual exhaust? any one got one?
How good is the high tech system? exy at $1900.00
thanks & looking forward to learning more about the awesome ZED!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...most of it was stuff from the states...thought that someone in Oz might have had experience...The theory behind it sounds good though?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've had my NISMO flywheel for about 1 year.

It can be noisy once in a while but generaly you don't know it's there....until you go drive a stock Zed that it! :)

I got it very cheap... some people get more noise than others. Might be the install or just perception...not sure about that one yet.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok don't tell me how much. Did you buy it from an Oz dealer.Was the install expensive???
How would you rate bang for your buck?
I am seriously considering this for my next mod.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got it from someone on the old forum... I think i paid 800 AUD installed.

It was a while ago.

IS it worth it? Sure is! Your car will feel a **** of a lot more responsive and you'll rev match like a pro.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The stock Nissan flywheel is a large dual mass flywheel which is seperated by springs. The stock flywheel is designed this way to absorb the tortional vibrations that large strong gearboxes put out at low RPM. If you upgrade you flywheel to a lightweight aftermarket single mass flywheel then it will not absorb these vibrations and your car will sound noisey at low rpms. Some have likened the noise to that of a cement mixer.

Some dont mind the noise and others do. Your best/cheapest bet would be to meet up with someone who has a lightweight flywheel installed so you can hear it in person and decide if its worth it or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts