Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is fixing to get an Evo or a new eclipse, I imagine Ill take the eclipse, what about the Evo? Could I hang with it in my stock 6speed 350??

·
Registered
247 Posts
It all depends on whose driving. I ran a silver evo last week and I took him off the line and about an 1/8 of a mile b/c thats all the room we had. He looked pissed whenever I let him catch up to me. I tried to wave but he wouldnt even look at me.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
I took an evo from a super slow roll (waited for him to gun it). I jumped ahead by half a car-length.. his bumper stayed at my door to 60mph, where I terminated the race.

They don't get to 60 in high 4's very many times before they break something.. Realistically, on the street, an Evo owner isn't gonna dump his clutch at redline to see high 4's. You're lookin at a pretty close race, no one will be too embarassed here.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
They don't get to 60 in high 4's very many times before they break something.. Realistically, on the street, an Evo owner isn't gonna dump his clutch at redline to see high 4's.
spot on, same goes for the WRX mob here who think they're the quickest things on the road....i love shattering those guys

i had a Nissan Pulsar for the day early in the week because my Z was in for a service. Now i know the Z aint no Audi, but to think Evo drivers have to live with Pulsar interior plastics day in day out.......poor bastards :lmfao:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
My Z looks faster parked than the Evo does doing 100....

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have raced an EVO... it was a good race too....

I was leaving work just got on the highway.... next on ramp I hear something loud coming in... EVO with huge exhaust.... we were pretty close at matched speed...(50mph)..... he looks at me I look at him and we're off.... Im in 3rd.... and I know he's only got 5 gears so my goal is to ride each of my gears since i got the extra one.... I start to pull... minor traffic ... a little weaving here and there Im about 1/2 car ahead... he 's right on my ass.... road opens up (90mph-100mph)... he cant get passed me... (I dont play dirty so i gave him the lane i will not cut anyone off that i am racing.... its not worth my life or theirs)......... it was close .. very close, but he could'nt move on me.... we get off and on to another highway... now we go from a stop... this time he gets the jump... gets me by about 1/2 a car... as we speed up ... i start catching him... my exit was coming up quick and I was in a rush so i had to get off... but had i kept on... I am pretty sure I would have caught him and passed him....

I am stock and always have been.. I dont know if he was or not... all i saw was an exhaust and I heard his blowoff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts